July 31, 2023

Monday Morning Coffee Talk


Good Monday morning, my friends! How was your weekend? I hope it was everything you planned and then some. Today is the last day of July. Can you believe it? Just as we get into the swing of summer, along comes August to remind us that fall and all it brings is pretty close behind. I love fall, as you may know, yet I will be mindful of enjoying and savoring these August days, appreciating them without wishing them away.

Yesterday was a very happy day. Want to know why?



Yep! Steve, Flynn, and I visited my mom at her new home!!! We had a wonderful time sitting in the shade, watching the cars go by, drinking strawberry milkshakes, and playing cards. She and Flynn played War, and then we all played Go Fish. Afterward, we went inside so Mom could get a much-deserved nap. I am thankful for the people in my hometown manor who take such loving care of the most wonderful woman I know.



My mom enjoyed Flynn so much. She and Flynn have always had fun together, and as I sat there watching them, I remembered my mom being right there the day she was born.

Other things that brought happiness and joy recently?



My Peyton Rose, living the life she dreamed of for so many years. She is a natural-born caregiver, homemaker, cook, baker, and the most loving and fun child caregiver ever. If you have been here for some time, you remember how much she cared for Flynn as a baby and a child. Peyton now works as a nanny for several families and loves it so much. She is also a wonderful wife to Christopher and continues our love of birthday celebrations! She recently invited us all to celebrate Chris on his birthday, and look how amazing it was! That cake was chocolate with an Oreo cream icing. Heavenly!



This little girl brings us joy, even as she adjusts to life without her best friend. She is always available for snuggling and cuddling, especially lately with Steve.



Finally, this beautiful lake we live on brings happiness and peace. This past weekend we boated and swam, and it was great. I am not a huge fan...ok, not a fan at all...of exercise. Swimming, however, I can do. I felt so good after being in the lake and moving this old body! 

Well, I have some papers on the kitchen counter that need attention and a few phone calls to make. Tonight we are going to Peyton and Chris's for family movie night. I am told that this second Star Wars movie is the best. Even if it isn't, Peyton's dinner will be worth it! Have a cozy Monday, my friends. Check back here on Wednesday for this little blog's 11th Birthday giveaway! Can you believe it?!


BillieJo


















23 comments:

  1. Time with you mom and Peyton living her best life. Oh it makes my heart so happy. And that cake? YUM! It must delight you to no end that you're still the one your kids want around for celebrating the milestones. What a gift and I know you don't take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a joy to see our children grow into these wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww - what a great weekend! I love that you got to spend time with your mom and kids too. Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunset photo is beautiful. And Peyton Rose's cake and room are beautiful!! I love her tree. Your Mom is looking well and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Friend. Oh your Mom looks so wonderful and happy! Yes, God bless the amazing caregivers in this world that do such a beautiful job taking care of our precious loved ones. And Happy birthday to Peyton -blessings on her year ahead. And over the lovely ways she shares her talents and gifts benefiting others. ;) I thought of you this weekend when I was in a gas station that already had Fall leaf garlands up and a little scarecrow by the cash register. Our favorite season is right around the corner!! Yay! 🍂 🎃
    And yay for almost 11 years here! I'm so grateful to share in a friendship with someone so wonderful and a true blogland treasure. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos of family times. I especially love seeing the ones with your mother. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Billie Jo,
    So good to see you visit your Mom—bringing the three generations close together!
    One can tell Mom was happy.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Billie Jo. I can feel the love through these pictures. Wishing you and every member of your wonderful family a lovely week! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful weekend....and a chance to visit with your mom! That's fantastic....and that Oreo cake also looks fantastic! Oh my. I would be in big trouble with a baker in the family!! Happy Monday (hope it has been a good day!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you were able to spend some time visiting with your mom, I know you enjoyed that. An Oreo cake sounds amazing! Are you watching all the Star Wars movies? Sounds like a fun thing to do! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know visiting with your mom did your heart good! I'm so glad ya'll got to visit with her. Sounds like she is adjusting nicely to her new place. And Peyton did an amazing job on that cake! She is very talented. Sweet Mocha...I know life without her buddy must be strange to her right now. But I'm sure she is a great comfort to you all. I hope ya'll have a fun family movie night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy reading about your family adventures so much and I'm glad to have discovered you a few months ago. It does my heart good to see a family like yours so obviously enjoying each others company from your Mom to your children. I'm with you on exercise. I also don't know how to swim but love playing in the water. I so miss the lake we lived on in Washington State from May - October every year. After Hubby got off work every night, we would go down and take a dip in the lake. There is nothing like that for us here in Nebraska.
    Praying for you as you all adjust to a life without your other little furbaby.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is always lovely to see photographs of your lovely mum.
    Happy August, Billie Jo! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Billie Jo, I love swimming too! I would do it every day if I had a pool and no one could see me :) What a great visit with your mom. As always, I love the family time you all spend together and the food! Always such amazing food :) Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad your mom has settled in to her new place and that she is receiving such excellent care. I know that has to bring you relief. Happy birthday to Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad your mom is in a new to her home with helpful people. Nice sky photos. I started knitting a sweater two days ago. First pattern I've used and looks easier to knit than another sweater I thought about knitting. Happy day my friend, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look like you had a great weekend visiting with your mom. I am glad she is in such a great place. Loving all these photos. That is great you are close to the lake. I have beaches close by I can go to and I feel blessed. My weekend was great. My friend and I went to see Oppenheimer and it as sold out! So we ended up seeing the Barbie movie and it was better than I was expecting. Very funny.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mom looks incredible. I'm glad she's happy! And Peyton's home is just the cutest! Have a great week! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is wonderful that Peyton will be a nanny now. I can see that in her - she's so caring and loving, and will be a fun nanny for the kids she takes care of. The birthday cake she made looks amazing. It's nice that you visited with your mom at her new place. You know, I think FISH is the only card game I remember. ; ) I'm glad your doggy is doing Ok without her best friend. I remember how hard it was for Nel's dog when the other one passed. Your lake pictures are so very pretty.

    Happy August days, Billie Jo!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful memories being made with your dear momma. And your Peyton, She is just amazing! tfs ~Row.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo