July 14, 2023

Friday!

Good morning on a Friday that brings us halfway through July! Every now and then, I go through the photos on my phone and find some random moments I documented and promptly forgot about. Let's take a look, shall we?



Peyton continues to treat us to the fruits of her labor. She made these amazing peach muffins and sent them for us to enjoy.


This is a picture I took one evening when my alarm started going off. Funny how that same morning, I couldn't understand why it didn't.


I haven't seen my Jeep looking so shiny in a while, so I had to take a picture when we took it for ice cream the other night!


Peyton knows how much I love zucchini bread. So how happy was I when she sent a loaf for me to enjoy with my coffee? The cute Bambi mug was a gift to myself from The Disney online store. Bambie is one of my favorites, partly because it was the first VHS I watched with Madison. 


A quick picture of a random summer morning in our family room, taken for a reason I no longer remember.


And this beautiful scene I took the other night when we were eating a late dinner on the deck.


We are all going to see Mission Impossible tonight. I haven't seen any of the other ones, but I am always in for a good movie, family time, and movie theatre popcorn. The weather looks quite summerlike this weekend, so our plans will reflect that with some boating and swimming. I am finally feeling better as my allergies have calmed down. I credit Claritin D. I take it once a day in the morning and feel so much better. Another thing I have been doing to combat the sniffing, coughing, and all-around misery is showering at night! And I have to say, I LOVE IT! I have always been a morning shower person. But I was hooked once I started showering at night, washing the day away, lathering myself with lavender lotion, and putting on freshly washed pajamas. So relaxing and cozy.

Ok. I am done. I am off for another cup of coffee and the last slice of zucchini bread. What are your weekend plans?

Billie Jo

 

21 comments:

  1. It's so hot here that I have to shower when I walk in the door from a hike. Oh....am I supposed to WASH my Jeep? haha! It needs it! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning my Jeep is on my list but it's just SO hot and humid here. I will get it done though. Yours looks great. Have a wonderful weekend!! Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mission Impossible on the agenda here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am a night shower gal and I LOVE washing the day away and getting into clean jammies! Have a good time at the movies! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any chance Peyton wants to give you the peach muffin recipe to pass on? Or I can just google one!

      Delete
    2. https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/peach-streusel-muffins/ Here you go!

      Delete
  5. I love your family room and this window corner! It is like a bay window, and perfect for reading or just sitting there and looking outside. I am glad you did not cover them with anything, they are such a showpiece! I love visiting and seeing your awesome cheerful coffee header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful view! And lots of delicious looking goodies! A movie sounds fun! I wish we could take our kids to the movies, as we all enjoy watching shows as a family. But with all the babies/littles, it's impossible because we are usually the babysitters :) Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muffins look delicious and I want one even though I just ate my lunch. I remember watching Bambi movie when I was young and both of our children have seen it as well, last century. They're all grown up now. There's a movie I want to see soon in a theater. Maybe I can get my husband to go with me after lunch on Sunday. We have at least one grad/bday party to attend Saturday. Maybe lunch at Baumans. I need to continue watching a class from YL convention online this afternoon. 2 that's good to watch for now.
    It's getting hot here in Oregon through Saturday. Some vegetation fires happening lately. 🔥 enjoy your weekend. Stay cool and hydrated 😎 ✨️ 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when my car is all shiny and clean too. Have a great weekend Billie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Jeep needs a good wash too. :)
    I haven't gone to a movie in about 15 years!
    Oh my those goodies sure look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peyton is good to you!
    The jeep looks great!
    Have fun at the movies.
    We have our granddaughters here tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I go through my phone photos every so often, too, and I'm surprised at how many things I forget. It's a good way to jog my memory. I loved the MI movies, and can't wait to see the next one. Tomorrow I'm going to a lavender festival at our botanic gardens. Then my nieces are coming over to cook me dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so good. You are so lucky to have all of the goodies from Peyton. I enjoyed all of your pictures. I went to see "The Sound of Freedom" with my sister today. A heart wrenching movies but sure makes you more aware of the therrible things others go through in this thing we call life.
    Have a great evening my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your random photos! Your Peyton is quite the baker--I can tell from the screen they all look yummy! The view outside your window is so gorgeous. What a great spot you live! I like the picture you painted of showering and clean pjs in the evening. So glad you have found a good combination to keep yourself better! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum on all those baked goodies, Billie Jo. No plans here...we have had a couple of family issues come up...I did visit my folks today and we had lunch out etc. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. As always, everything looks lovely, relaxing, and peaceful. To me that's the perfect way to settle my noisy brain at the day's end. And oh, zucchini bread, love it warm, topped with butter, and I can't help but toss a few chocolate chips in the batter when I'm making it! Enjoy your weekend, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, those muffins look amazing! I'm off to look for a peach muffin recipe, right away. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love the Bambi cup! And it looks like Fall, so you can use it during the season too! Peyton's zucchini bread looks moist and Yummy. How wonderful that she loves to bake. My dad always brought in fresh zucchini from his garden. And the deer are always so special to see. Oh, I love these random photos so much, Billie Jo. A little of this and a little of that. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ps.....Jess looked at all the comments and baby names that friends shared. And one of the ones she liked was Wren! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh that zucchini bread looks yummy! I’m getting ready to make banana bread and zucchini is next in line 😊 ~Row

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo