July 10, 2023

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

Good Monday Morning! How was your weekend? We had a somewhat low-key one here in Pennsylvania, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Yesterday was rainy, so I worked on laundry and took a nap. Saturday was humid and overcast, so during the day, I checked some things off my To Do list. Organizing, purging, bill paying, and grocery list making made up my morning. Saturday evening, we decided on an impromptu dinner on the boat, and we were so very happy that everyone could join us. We missed Kyrstin, who was working, but we were glad she stopped in later.

After the boat ride, Rhett and Kyrstin went out, Madison and Nicolas visited with us, and Peyton and Christopher invited Flynn for ice cream and fireworks. A side note: I am so thankful for the beautiful relationship among my children. I remember years ago when we told a much younger Madison, Peyton, and Rhett that we would be blessed with a new baby and how thrilled they all were! I remember the joy on their faces when they came to the hospital to see her and the welcome signs they made to welcome her home. 

Thirteen years later, each of my older children has a unique and wonderful relationship with Flynn. Each of them considers her a best friend. Madison and Nicolas, Peyton and Chris, and Rhett and Kyrstin all enjoy spending time with her doing things they love, swimming in the ocean, playing video games, and watching movies. I am so thankful for the love among them all.


Here are a few pictures of our evening on the boat.





And one I took when I woke from my nap yesterday afternoon.

Today I am going to work around the house and finish the laundry. Steve is grilling tonight, and I will add some steamed baby potatoes and fresh green beans. After dinner, I will clean up and get ready for The Bachelorette!

Have a great day, my friends.
I will be around visiting soon!

BillieJo

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful evening you had! I ADORE your coffee header, I can almost smell it through the screen! I am drinking coffee as I read this! You must belong to one of those header websites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Younger siblings are the best! And one day, Flynn's future spouse is going to be doted on just as much!

    Love your dinner plans, I may steal them myself. Potatoes, green beans and grilled meat sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely read, and beautiful photos - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUch a peaceful weekend, mine was anything but...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you enjoyed a peaceful weekend. Mine was too albeit a bit too short after a four day weekend last week. lol It's great that your kids are all so close. That will really benefit them in the future. Enjoy your week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice weekend! Can't really beat an impromptu evening on the boat!!? Lovely...and wasn't the sun lovely, too!!? Here's to a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are blessed with a wonderful family that enjoys being together, Billie Jo. Alas, our children live a distance away from us so we don't see them as often as you see yours. When we do it is wonderful! Lovely photos of your weekend boat ride. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family is such a blessing and I love hearing about yours. Your evening sounds perfect!
    I think I'm coming your way for supper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always nice to finish some of those to do things that have been lingering. I loved hearing about the kids' relationship with Flynn. The sunset over the lake is stunning. And your blog design is delightful with the coffee beans and coffee cup. Reminds me of Fall colors, and I can't wait for the season! Your dinner on the boat sounds wonderful, Billie Jo. Enjoy the Summer days.

    **Wren is such a pretty name, thank you for sharing that. I haven't heard of Briar before, but that is also unique. Choosing a baby's name takes time, but I know when the time comes, they will have picked out a dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a lovely evening with beautiful skies.
    You are blessed to have such a happy family. So many don't!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just painted a sign this evening that would be perfect for you: It says -
    Simply Blessed
    Oh-so true - love the post, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a beautiful evening on the boat! It's so sweet how your kids all love each other so much. What a blessing! I was an only child and wished for this growing up, but the good Lord blessed me with several cousins who are just like sisters to me! Love, love, love the new blog design!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice evening photos of the lake you rode the boat on. I miss seeing our son and his family. i hope they will be together with us soon. Our daughter and son always were good together, even when she would come home from college and they would play games together. It was mostly cloudy today but no rain, which I wish we do get soon. It's been dry for a few months. Your new background looks nice!! I finally got the countertop in our bathroom cleaned this afternoon. I don't always take everything off but i did a bit at a time!! Lots of trash as well. Still need to go through stuff I stuck in a bag. 50% recyclable and some trash. I am home and decided to get things taken care of. My plan and I am sticking to it!! Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like a lovely way to spend time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Billie Jo~ What a beautiful way to spend the evening, especially with family! Like you, we live close to all of our children and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are close to each other and that makes this mama very happy! as always, your photos are just breathtaking!! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  16. Children that get along and enjoy each other's company truly is a blessing. I tried everything, but my two were never close.

    ReplyDelete
  17. First~ I love the new look on your blog! I've been reading on my email and missing out on the fancy! Your photos are beautiful, too. You are truly a blessing to all of us who read your blog.
    Hugs,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your new blog header! Your graphics are always so cute! Your night on the boat sounds like so much fun. Speaking of The Bachelorette...do you think it's time to let the earring guy go???? She keeps talking about not wanting to repeat mistakes from her past, adds the mention of "red flags", hears what he's saying to the other guys and yet she keeps handing him roses. Classic bachelorette moves. This might be why the relationships don't go very far after the show.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo