July 7, 2023

Friday Fun

Hello! And Happy Friday! We are heading home today after some fun days at the beach. I took a few pictures yesterday to document a random day at the beach. Not pictured is my morning because who wants to see photos of just-woke-up-me drinking coffee and saying prayers, right? So imagine me eating eggs and toast, followed by some time on my laptop and then a quick afternoon nap. Moving on...




We enjoyed a late lunch outside with a view of the ocean. This rather unappetizing photo is actually two delicious softshell crab tacos with fresh mango and cabbage! Trust me on this!




After lunch, we took our chairs and sat at the edge of the shore for a long time, watching the waves and the people, most of whom were packing up and heading in after a long day. That is how we have always done the beach. It works for us! 


Afterward, Steve and I went on a dinner date. True to form, he knew exactly what I wanted for dinner. Yes, dinner. Baskin Robbins World Class Chocolate. It is a special treat we don't have near our home and the same ice cream he used to get me thirty-five years ago when I was in college. 

Let's see your answers to these somewhat random questions!

1. Are you a committed all-day-at-the-beach person or a casual sit-and-watch-the-waves for a bit one?

I am a -wait- until -late-afternoon-when-everyone-else- is-leaving kind of girl!

2. Do you like softshell crabs, or are they a "No Way, But Thank You" dish?

I love them! 

3. Have you ever had ice cream for dinner? 

Yep. More than once!

4. Baskin Robbins or Dairy Queen?

Baskin Robbins for me!

5. When leaving a trip for home, do you shower in the morning before you leave or wait until you are home?

I always wait until I get home! I look forward to unpacking, showering, and putting on fresh pajamas the whole way home!


Leaving you with this photo that Peyton's husband sent us of her picking some blueberries. Just because I love her so!

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!
See you Monday!

Billie Jo


14 comments:

  1. We used to regularly do what we called "Sunday Sundae." It was ice cream sundaes for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman after my own heart, ice cream for supper! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo of Peyton! Looks very professional. Wat is the name of the beach? The first photo, is that a stand for the lifeguards to sit at? I love the photo where you captured the birds above the water, all in a straight line!! The palm trees are beautiful too. And the food looks SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sit-at-the-beach-and-watch-the-waves-all-day-long king of person. The ocean is my happy place! Not a big fan of shellfish; ice cream for dinner - yes! Dairy Queen please! It seems like a waste to shower, then go through the airport, sit on the plane, another airport... I'd feel grimy again so I like to wait and shower when I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you have enjoyed a nice getaway at the beach. Doing the beach your own way is certainly important. The pelicans flying low over the ocean is really pretty! Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only thing I like about the beach is walking along the shoreline early in the morning.
    Soft shell crabs - NO WAY.
    Ice cream for dinner (supper) Yes. :)
    Baskin and Robbins or Dairy Queen - either one!!
    I wait till I get home to shower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm craving some time at the beach. It's been a long time. I was born on Long Island so that salt water is in my blood. It's just so peaceful being by the water and watching the waves. I am not one to actually go in the water, though. Only just enough to dip my feet. I definitely enjoy that shower as soon as I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for relaxing days at the beach!! It looks like you had incredible weather too! I'm either an early morning or evening beach goer. Just a little bit is enough for me. I can even enjoy it from the balcony! Sometimes that's enough! LOL Soft shell crabs (and any seafood!) yes, of course. Ice cream for dinner, yes of course. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I love both Baskin R and Dairy Queen so that's a tough one! I grew up with a BR right down the street. My mother would take me there for a free ice cream every year on my birthday. My favorite was Rocky Road! Unfortunately they closed and there aren't any around here anymore!! So DQ it is!
    And as you know, when traveling I shower when I get home. There's no time anyway. We hit the road so early! BTW - see you in two weeks! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a perfect beach day. Low crowds, less heat, tacos, ice cream... You're definitely doing it right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a watch the waves for a bit person. I don't like to sit in the sun.
    No crabs for me.
    Can you believe I'm not a real ice cream fan either? I have maybe one cone all summer.
    I shower when I get home too.
    Cute pic of Peyton!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My ideal beach day is off-season, which would be from Jan-March, mid morning when it's cool and crisp feeling. I'm a "sit back and watch" person too...in most things. I love to watch other people do things :) And no to the crabs...I don't eat any fish or seafood...ever. But ice cream...anytime, all the time, and especially on Sundays! :) and I'll take Baskin Robbins over DQ! Anything coffee or mocha flavored. At BR they have Jamocha Almond Fudge and it's my go-to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Baskin Robbins ice cream is always a treat. I used to get it during the Summers in my home town. That chocolate cone looks Yummy. That is the sweetest picture of Peyton picking the blueberries, and I noticed the log cabin in the background, love that.

    Here's my answers.....

    *not really a beach or ocean person. I have always loved the mountains.

    *Yes, I like crab. It's one of the only fish I like, along with shrimp and lobster.

    *don't remember having ice cream for dinner, but sounds like a good idea. ; )

    *Baskin Robbins

    *sometimes I shower in the morning before I leave to go home, but always
    when I get home.

    A fun post Billie Jo!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, can you adopt me?! I know, I know...I'm probably older than you, not possible! But your posts are always so fun, lovely, inspiring. So grateful to have stumbled across your blog and discovered you and your sweet family. And yes, Fall is on the way...how is that possible! Take care, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. We always go to the beach in the morning for an hour or two and then after lunch for an hour or two. That always worked best with the kids schedules when they were little and now it's just what we do. I could probably sit on the beach at the Cape all day but it's too hot on the NC beaches in the summer to do that. The beach pictures are so lovely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo