January 27, 2015

Keepin' It Real...Naptime

And I don't mean for the kids.  In the interest of fairness, I feel compelled to admit to you that yes, I take a nap. Almost every afternoon. I am a morning person. I awake early, shower early, begin my day early. And that makes me happy.  It also makes me sleepy around the same time every afternoon. Could I hop on the treadmill instead of onto the couch? Absolutely. Should I? Probably. But that would mean missing out on one of my Flynn's favorite parts of the day...snuggle time. Since she was little we have taken time most every afternoon to snuggle in the same spot with the same blanket and recharge for the rest of the day. She calls it Snuggletime. : ) She used to sleep as well. Now...not so much. She snuggles and watches a show or two while this old lady gets her rest. Note: Homeschool Bonus...Older kids at home in case Mom falls asleep on the couch. And honestly, I will truly miss this special time when she outgrows it. But then again, I'm 45, and haven't outgrown it yet. : )


If you need me, this is where you'll usually find me around 2:00 everyday. Try it sometime. It will change your life. Promise. : )

7 comments:

  1. I totally agree and do the same....just no snuggletime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I am so in your camp!! I am a major napper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nap too!! A quick 20 minute one recharges me for the rest of the day, which is always non-stop when the kids get in from school. I do it for them, really. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! Soak up those napping days and snuggle time.... making memories, resting. Plus anything that helps you be a better Mom for the rest of the day is perfection in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup...a gift from heaven...snuggle time with a little one. DONT GROW UP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I have to nap every day now too - this pregnancy is making so tired that I can't make it through the day if I don't!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice that you have daily snuggle time with Flynn! My snuggle time is on weekends! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo