January 8, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Today I'm thinking about...


...Christmas being over. And how sad that makes me. Not just because I love all things Christmas...the music...the family...the tree...the lights...the food...the joy...But because it means another year passed. Another year of my children moving farther away from that magical place called childhood. Another Christmas with a little one filled with the wonder of Santa is passed.


... How much I love January too! As much as I love Christmas, I also look forward to the quiet that is January. I embrace the peace and calm that the long, cold evenings bring. We gather here together after dinner in our country home and watch television and visit while the wind howls outside. Things slow down and we can just be.


...My resolve to be in the moment. I realized recently that this is the last semester of school that Madison will be here with us. I vow to be more in the moment and relish each and every day spent with my four children laughing and talking and learning together. : )


Here are a few photos of what we have been up to these first few days of the brand new year...


This little guy grew up to become my wonderful, amazing father. And he celebrated his 80th birthday in Heaven this week.
 
 
So we made the cake we made him every year. And celebrated with him in our hearts.
 
 
My little lady was all set for Mass on Sunday. And decided to take a Chihuahua Webkinz with her, of course.
 
 
We packed away Christmas. And we miss it. But to make our daily dinner special, I lit this pretty candle. And it was good.
 
 
Have a cozy weekend, my friends!
Happy New Year!
 
 



10 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so full of love, Billie Jo - I can feel that love from the words you write and the photos you share.

    Happy weekend, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. January is a slow, quiet month and when the temps go to 10F, like this morning, we dont get out of the house. That makes it feel antsy and wishing this would pass quickly. Have a nice Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your posts...keeping you in prayer---stay warm. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you live as each day is a celebration. Yes, those moments will soon be past. Live them and love them and then grandchildren will come and there will be a new season of joy to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Billie Jo, my prayers are with you and your family as you remember your sweet father. That cake looks delicious and I can imagine him being tickled that you still have it in his honor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you on the "another year gone" with our babies. (They are all babies to me no matter the age!)

    And I love the peace and calm that January brings as well. And now that Miss Clementine has a birthday in January, the month is even more exciting.

    Happy birthday to your daddy! My father's was on January 3.

    Have a warm and cozy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss Christmas already too, even though we still have the nativity scene and one of our small trees up. January has become that settling in type of month around here. So far, this year it's also a stay in the house and cozy type month too. It's bitterly cold out, but I'm hoping at least temps in the teens soon so we can head outdoors in the fresh air. I'm not a winter person, but thankfully God saw a way to bless my winters by bringing me two girls born in the February. He's so wise! :)

    Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have Christmas candles out and sure enjoy the scent. Yes, enjoy this last bit of home school time with your daughter. They do grow up fast. Is she heading off to college next fall? Enjoy the week ahead and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so behind on my blog reading, but I just read all through your Christmas posts, and they are just lovely, Billie Jo. Your love for your family shines through in all the posts and pictures you have here on the blog. They are blessed by you! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you had a hard week. Christmas ending...sweet memories of your father...Good thing the new year brings new beginnings....and Spring is just around the corner.

    This year, being away was hard for Christmas...I really missed our traditional things...no place to hang the stockings, so we laid them on the coffee table the night before...little things....all the daily things we usually do, we just didn't do this year. I tell myself though, that this will be a year they will always remember.

    God bless you Billie Jo...extra prayers, even though this is an old post...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo