January 29, 2015

Thursday Thoughts

Today I'm thinking about...


...This weekend. Because my friend Marian is coming to visit. And after spending an entire week with us last fall at the beach, she is still willing to return my calls! She is coming up for the Superbowl, and we are glad.

Friday is also my sweet mother's 78th birthday. She is not feeling well, but we are planning a nice dinner out once she is. In the meantime, she is enjoying the quiet, cozy, winter days in her little home. She also enjoys playing cards and bingo with her friends. And I am so happy for her.


Madison has a craft show with her Mary Kay on Saturday afternoon. She spent this week tying lipstick and lip-gloss into beautiful Valentine packaging and is excited to go. : )


We escaped the worst of the snow this week. Here are some pictures of what we have been up to this last week of January...


Pretty pretty pretty outside...


warm and cozy inside.
I finally packed away my Christmas bedding.
I'm a hold out, you know. : )


Three of my four all ready for a lunch date and grocery shopping.
We do everything as a family. : )


My girl...always willing to snuggle.


Ironing is my thing...especially when it involves pretty, festive aprons.


 Our contribution to National Chocolate Cake Day this year...


It was good. Really good.


And just in case you think I went all sugar happy...
this was my lunch this week.
Grilled chicken breast marinated in Peyton's homemade Asian dressing with  lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese.


Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!






12 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend!

    A chocolate cake to DIE for!

    LOVE all the "family" outings you do together. Close families are just the best.

    ...so are sweet snuggling little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a break and thought I'd PPP into some of my favorite areas of the blog world to catch up :)
    Everything looks cozy over there! My mom escaped her snow and has been soaking up vitamin d down here (sunny and 82). :)
    The chocolate cake is my favorite pic of course;)
    Exciting to hear how business plans are coming along with Miss Madison!!
    Stay warm, safe, and cozy, my friend. Enjoy your weekend with your friend and family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful weekend!
    I hope your mom feels better.
    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billie Jo, unfort, we did not escape the snow, and another one is barreling it's way to us as I speak. The choc cake looks good...I always enjoy reading what you have to say. Happy Birthday to your Mom. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm. Looks yummy. I'm always ready for chocolate. Went to the doctor today and amazing my diabetes is under control. Thank God for meds because I've been candy crazy lately with the holiday and valentine candy on the shelves. Enjoy your sweet mama. You already know how short like can be. I lost mine within 6 months of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great week. Boy that cake looks delish! Stay warm and enjoy Super Bowl Sunday with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family! Thanks for popping by my blog! Following you too and will be back to read more -- chocolate cake! Yum!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness, Billie Jo. I don't know how you stay so slender with all the delicious desserts you all have??? I wish I knew your secret!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'm thinking about food and weekend all week long. :)
    Great times, huh? Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday to your dear mom! I hope you all had a lovely evening celebrating! Hope you're having lots of fun visiting with your friend! Love all the pics! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your mom is feeling much better! We are getting lots of snow today... *sigh* Mary Kay! I used to sell that a few years ago, great products! Hope she did well :-) Enjoy the Superbowl and time with your friends!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dang!! I missed National Chocolate cake day? I'm pretty sure almost everyone in the whole world, at least "blog world" made chocolate cake last year because of your reminder! (and yummy pictures!)

    It's had to bake and do that homey stuff in a condo on the beach. It's just not the same as it being cold outside and warm and cozy inside with the smell of baked goodies...

    We do everything together too....Just curious, how long does it take you to grocery shop? And do you shop for a week or for 2 weeks at a time?

    Down here we are shopping weekly because of only having one fridge. But back home we usually shop biweekly. And it takes me a LONG time. like a couple even up to 3 hours.

    Love your heart apron and your beautiful blue eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo