January 5, 2015

Christmas And New Year's 2014

Well... another wonderful Christmas Season has come and gone. Presents and memories and even a few cookies remain. I hope you all enjoyed a cozy, peaceful, lovely time with those you love. Here are a few pictures of our Christmas days...


We began our Christmas celebration on the 23rd, the first day of Christmas Break. I surprised the kids with our first Annual Rudolph Breakfast! I love Rudolph, and wanted to extend the Christmas fun as long as possible. The kids and Steve were thrilled.  : )



Christmas Eve was wonderful! No snow...but cloudy and cozy and cold! We lit our traditional Christmas Eve candle...the one that burns only one special day a year...


We spent the happiest day of the year relaxing, tracking Santa, drinking cocoa, and getting ready for Mass.


We decided to attend the later Mass, and had dinner first. We had our large meal on the 23rd, and decided to have an easier but still delicious meal of Pizza Stromboli for Christmas Eve.


After a beautiful Mass and a sprinkle of homemade reindeer food on the front lawn, we had dessert. : )


Then we read The Night Before Christmas and hung the stockings. And the kids went to sleep on the happiest night of the year. And yes...we hang a stocking for our little puppy, too!


What good sports I have! The annual top of the stairs picture...


We opened stockings first and then had a delicious breakfast of cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, and Kringles.


Then it was time! Santa had come and my children were excited! Madison was thrilled with her Polaroid Camera. Yes...they are back!


Peyton was in awe of her gifts...she loved a set of books Santa found!


Rhett was sooooo happy! He could not even choose a favorite!


And my baby. Her favorite? A jack-in -the box. Forget technology. The tried and true classics are timeless. : )


Christmas Day was cozy here in our country home. Just the six of us together, blessed and happy.


The week in between Christmas and New Year's was spent very much the same way...cozy and warm at home. We played new Christmas gift games...


and drank cocoa with Fluff...


and attended Mass in new Christmas clothes...


and held onto Christmas while looking ahead to a brand new year.


Soon it was New Year's Eve, and we baked some red velvet cupcakes and decorated the table...


and went to Mass before heading home to our little family New Year's Eve party.
We played games, and watched movies and all stayed up to ring in a brand new year.
I looked around at that moment and realized how blessed I was to have all four of my children and my husband together on New Year's Eve. I wanted to be in that moment forever. And so I tucked it into my heart, where it will remain for me to pull out whenever I want.


I want to remember so much about this season...How much fun it is to have a little one to pull the older ones back into the magic...how excited my baby was to read The Night Before Christmas...how she left cookies for Santa...How my children's eyes sparkled as they saw their presents...how we were all together at our table with Raspberry Ginger Ale in crystal wine glasses. I want to remember how very blessed I am. So I write it down. And keep these memories in my heart.

Happy New Year, my friends!
Thanks for visiting!






17 comments:

  1. I'm going to say this again, I 'm moving in!! (giggling)--awesome post, Billie Jo!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your season inspires me for the years to come as my kids grow. Obviously I still have plenty of time to add to our celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful! Your create so many precious memories with your family that their hearts will always be overflowing - what love, my friend!

    A ittle side note....Peyton's hair is very beautiful! :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, wonderful memories! I can just feel the excitement from your house by reading this post! And now back to routine...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful memories you're creating. Did you decorate your silverware with candy cane wrapping or did it come that way? Either way, your table looked fun and delicious.
    Great photos of your family. Love that top of the stairs pic. I also admire the fact that you eat together first before tearing into the gifts from Santa. Not sure my kids could show that kind of restraint.
    Happy New Year, Billie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and your cute cute family! Polaroid camera...that is so crazy and funny. Zach had a friend over(girl) who also had a Polaroid camera and those teens just loved it! My second son wants a turn-table.

    Looks like wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To say your country, cozy home is near perfect, is right! Looked like a wonderful holiday season all around. Prayers for a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh Billie Jo! It was lovely and perfect and real and everything Christmas should be. Thank you for inviting us in to see it through your eyes. The eyes of a mama who loves to make her home and joy and a haven and all that children need on Christmas (and everyday of the year) Now off I go to read it again)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years with your family...just how it should be spent.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Billie Jo, you always have the most delicious pictures! The kids all look so happy too! I remember those top of the stairs photos - alas for me those were ages ago but I have fond memories. ~and~

    You are cordially invited to my With Twigs and Branches January Giveaway. I hope to see you there! http://www.withtwigsandbranches.com/2015/01/with-twigs-and-branches-january-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! Just wonderful, Billy Jo!
    You make life with your precious family fun and exciting, and they will remember it for always.
    Your children are quite beautiful, Billy Jo.
    Thank you for allowing us a look into your home and memories.

    Joy to you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It seems like you have had a wonderful Christmas with your family!

    The photos look really good and the presents your children have seem awesome! I especially love the last two paragraphs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh the Jack in the box..how my girls could play with that forever!!! Looks like a great Christmas for your family. I'm so sad it's over and we have to wait a whole year to celebrate it all again :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the beauty and wonderful memories you make in your home during this special season! Your table settings and food look amazing! So glad all your kids were home and full of the excitement of this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there! I'm new to your blog but I really enjoyed sharing your Christmastime memories. You have a lovely family! BTW, I love the names Rhett and Flynn!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful memories for your family and so magical. I love that she favored the Jack-In-The-Box! Sometimes it's the simple little things that are truly the best. Your family is blessed to have a mom that puts so much into making memories special. Have a very happy New Year!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found your blog. It's a wonderful spot to come and visit.

    Happy New Year!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo