April 24, 2014

Weekend Plans

The last weekend of April? REALLY? How did this entire school year pass so quickly? And how is it May next week? Well, one thing I know to be true...time will pass. We can't stop it. We can't even slow it down. Best to hang on and relish every. single. moment.

Friday here will be quiet. Madison works all day and Steve and Rhett are heading to camp for something known to some as Turkey Hunting. This practice is known to me as packing brown camo clothing and all sorts of random gear, rising at an unheard of hour, and venturing into the woods in search of turkeys. Never mind I can see turkeys in our own backyard on any given day. I think it has more to do with hanging out with the guys, eating way too much food, and playing  all kinds of card games. : ) Regardless, I am happy and thankful for the time Steve and Rhett spend together.

Saturday we have no plans. My mom and Margie may come up to visit. We have Mass in the late afternoon, and as Madison doesn't go into work until later, she can join us. I'm thinking we will have time for some Chinese before dropping her off at work. Where we will have to support her place of business by getting ice cream, right? ; )

Sunday Steve and Rhett will return home. Madison works later in the day, so I will plan dinner before she goes. I am thinking of trying a new recipe I found on Pinterest called Pizza Lasagna Rolls. How good does that sound? Our weather is looking chilly and rainy this weekend, but hopefully we will get some outside time. If not, popcorn and movies is our Plan B.

That is what we will be up to this weekend. I hope yours is cozy and sunny and happy, whatever your plans may be. Thanks for visiting!


The view from my front porch these days...I do love the spring rain. Just doing it's job. Making everything green. : )


And new.


Monday my hubby took Rhett to a ball game...sorry about the fuzzy hubby taken phone shot. ;)


They had a wonderful time with great seats and even greater ball game food. This picture sums up my Rhett perfectly!


Seeing these in my mudroom can only mean one thing...soccer season is starting! I like soccer. It is only six weeks, two practices and one game a week. That's it. Plus it is rec soccer. Meaning...just for fun. Plus the coach is really cute. ; )


Having fun with my leftover Easter ham this week...first up...cheesy scalloped potatoes and ham...


followed by my personal favorite...Ham Pot Pie. Yummmmm.


Leaving you with one more...my girl...who has taken to wearing her big brother's hats around. : )


Happy Weekend!




14 comments:

  1. I know, where has the year gone? The college semester is just about done..I made ham & scalloped potatoes too. Thanks for sharing..I so enjoy looking at your pictures. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great to see all of the father/son time your guys share. It's so important. Those dinners with your leftovers look delicious. I wish I had thought of that. Enjoy your weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Billie Jo,

    Your leftovers look delicious.

    Is that driveway to several houses or just your! Seriously, I want to know. :)

    sounds like a fun weekend for all.

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your leftovers look fabulous and I sure have missed popping in here! I hope you all had a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always seem to smile when I stop by your blog. :) Thanks for sharing, as always. Have a great weekend, Billie Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Weekend...Life does fly by! Hope your men have a safe hunting trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a peaceful weekend! Rec sports are just the best without all the pressure isn't it? And a plus that your husband is the coach? ;). The left overs look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, love visiting your blog and the pictures are so good. Time does go by entirely too fast. I am now in those 'golden years' and sometimes they arent so gold. I loved it when my children were little and at home. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a relaxing weekend. And yes, you must ALWAYS get DQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned. When my daughters worked at DQ, we always went in for blizzards (and sometimes Chicken Strip Baskets - my personal favorite!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your weekend sounds wonderful...yummy food, time with family and time just relaxing. We have a Dairy Queen not to far from our new house and the other day while I drove by it I thought of you and Madison. I really need to stop by there sometime soon.
    Your scalloped potatoes look wonderful. I love how the house smells when I make them.
    Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ham pot pie soup - really?? I would love to try that! I have seen chicken pot pie soup and it's on my "to make" list and now I will have to add this one :)

    I know, it's hard to believe April is almost over - time should not go this fast yet it just zooms by!

    Enjoy your weekend, my friend :) Tonight my family and I are headed up into the mountains to do some fishing in honor of my nephew's birthday. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at those tasty leftover dishes, YUM! Summer is just around the corner, can you believe it?!! Enjoy your last weekend in April Billie Joe :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Weekend Billie Jo... I love that last picture of Flynn.. her eyes are sparkly and shiny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo