April 3, 2014

Weekend Plans

The first weekend of April is here. And we are happy. Our weekend starts off quietly, but ends with me off on another quick getaway...this time with my mother and sisters. But first...Friday. Friday evening is free for us, except for Rhett who is anxious to get to the theatre. Captain America Two is opening, and he is thrilled! The rest of us will be home, with some movies and snacks, I hope.

Saturday during the day is free. Madison works all day, so Peyton, Rhett and I will attend late afternoon Mass, and Steve will take Madison Sunday morning. After Mass, I plan on an easy meal of sloppy joes and French fries with fresh fruit. Then we will settle in for our Saturday evening at home. My favorite. : )

Sunday morning, I am going away overnight with my mom and two of my sisters. Monday, April 7, is my parent's anniversary. They would have been married 58 years. I wanted to do something that day for my mom...not necessarily to take her mind off of it...but to help her celebrate their love and marriage with us in a way that would not make her feel alone. So Steve...the greatest hubby around...arranged for us to have a night at Bedford Springs Resort where we will visit, eat, and even visit the spa so my sweet mother can have her first spa pedicure! I am going to miss my kiddos and my hubby, but know I will enjoy the girl time!

And that is what we will be up to this spring weekend, my friends. I hope yours is happy, and warm, and cozy, whatever your plans may be. Thanks for visiting!


In case you missed the post about our weekend away, here is a pic of me and my hubby as we took off. Can you tell he is not a fan of selfies?!


And perhaps my favorite part of the weekend...warm cookies and cold milk in bed.
Because that is how mature I am.


We visited the nicest country store last weekend too, and I found this little potato cupboard. I have always wanted one, and was thrilled to find this one. And even more thrilled that it fit into the car. : )


I did a little shopping around my own house, and found a few things to put on top...like my grandma's handwritten recipe for her pumpkin pie and an old cookie cutter. : )


and put my old cookbooks on the middle shelf.


Monday morning we were happily back to school, and my little preschool student was hard at work.


Outside finally looks like this...


and Tuesday we were able to go outside!!!!!! And this little lady was happy. : )

Have a blessed weekend, my friends!





14 comments:

  1. I just love seeing Flynn. She sure brightens any day (SMILES). Have a blessed weekend. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds like fun, and rest all together. Have fun with your Mom and sisters. I love your potato bin.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your potato cabinet... I just love it! I love the recipe you have on tope... perfectly decorated! So happy that you're able to do something special with your sisters and Mom. I'll be praying for you all that it's a wonderful time! Blessings to you and your family as always... enjoy the weekend, tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cabinet is so cute and I really love how you've decorated it! Enjoy the time with your mom and sisters. It sounds like a nice way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy and wonderful weekend! So nice to see some sunshine has come your way finally! I love the pics of Flynn outside on her trike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect weekend plans. And my heart is overflowing with love and admiration for you at the way you cherish your parents and care for your sweet mother. What a blessing you are for her. I hope all of you have a wonderful time on Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Billie Jo,

    I do so hope that your night away with your mother and sisters is a blessing to you all.

    Oh, and that potato cupboard is just too sweet! What a great idea.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    :)Hope

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like another wonderful weekend my friend. I hope you have a nice time with your sister and mom. What a thoughtful way to celebrate a special day.
    I love your new cupboard. What a fun find and it fit right in your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great husband you have--so thoughtful. I love the potato cupboard. It's perfect. You decorated it so nicely, too. My Tommy turns 10 on Sunday and you know he's going to see Captain America, too. It's all he's talking about. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that photo of you and your husband! It's a keeper, even though you can tell he does not want the selfie! :)

    YAY! Sunshine at last! I feel the same as your sweet Flynn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Weekend and enjoy time with your mom and sisters. What a great idea. We are getting more snow tonight...jealous of that little girl riding her bike...Ava would love to do that...wonder if she remembers how...stupid MN snow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great weekend! I hope you take many pictures of the trip with your mom and sisters. How nice, you get to spend that time with them!

    I love your new potato cabinet. I would love to have things like that, but the kids would be constantly pulling everything out and off the shelves!

    I was just curious since Rhett helps out at the theater does he get to see the movies for free!? That would be awesome if he does :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great weekend ahead. Peace and quiet at home and then some time with your family. That sounds like the perfect way to celebrate your parents and honor their marriage.
    As for us, nothing planned for the weekend which will probably lead to it being terribly unproductive. I guess we'll wallow in it since we can't really get to any outdoor projects just yet and we'll be more busy before we know it.
    I'm with Christine...stupid MN snow. Snowing now, but just warm enough for it to melt right away. There's still too much on the ground yet and we are ready for the hibernating to be over already. Grr.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Billie Jo, that last picture is priceless! And your potato cupboard is amazing - I fell in love with it the instant I saw your photo :)

    Happy weekend, my lovely friend. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo