May 8, 2023

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

 

Good Monday morning. My friends! How was your weekend? I hope it was happy and productive, cozy and quiet, whatever you planned. Saturday morning, I was up at 4:50 and had enough time to make some coffee and snuggle on the couch before the Coronation of King Charles began. While waiting for it to start, I recalled a summer day in July years ago when I also woke early and climbed onto my mom's bed to watch my first royal wedding on tv. I have followed the Royal Family ever since! The coronation was a beautiful, fascinating event, and I was so glad I could witness something that hadn't happened in seventy years. Watching the coronation unfold, I could not help but think of how amazing it is that the traditions and ceremonies remain unchanged through the years. I thought about how quickly time passes and how our lives are a small chapter in the unending book of life. 






I enjoyed coffee and a delicious fresh strawberry scone Madison made for me while I watched.



Another perk to getting up so early? Watching the world awaken right outside my window.

Today I will slowly begin some things I let go of while I was sick together. Steve and the kids did a great job, so I have a minimal amount to do. I have some laundry...don't we always...and some lesson plans to rearrange, and that is about it. The weather is turning more springlike here, so I plan to sit outside for my afternoon coffee. The lake is glistening now, and the grass is green. Some boats are back in the water too. Another lake season begins. 

Have a cozy day, my friends. I am going to catch up with you today, and I am looking forward to visiting!

(Motivation app)


Billie Jo

(Google for the images.)









18 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful, yet still restful, day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember watching Charles and Diana's wedding on TV. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lake views are so beautiful. We took the Jeep on dirt roads yesterday and had a ball. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I agree! It was SO interesting to watch the coronation and I am so glad I woke up for it. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest, my friend! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some gorgeous pictures! I am so happy to see green instead of white.
    I watched some of the coronation too. I'm very interested in all things Royal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't get up til 6 so I missed the first part of it but I didn't want to miss any... and come to find out I could have watched it at a later time on YouTube. I got rid of cable ages ago so I can't record any shows to watch later now. That's ok. I really don't miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got great photos. And I love how you posted these two shots from both coronations for comparison! You even got the same poses. The sky and trees are beautiful. You had a perfect morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello beautiful Billie Jo! I watched the coronation on fast forward a bit (taped it) as I wasn't up that early. Lol But I enjoyed it too and thought of the many years of tradition as well. Your lake looks SO beautiful in the early mist like that. I'm so ready for all things warm, grilling, pontoon rides, fireflies and sitting around a cozy fire with friends and family. ;) Blessings on your week ahead. PS: that scone looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Monday!!! My daughter has strep throat for the second time, she had it a few weeks ago, so we are dealing with that. I don't pay much attention to the royal family but I did feel sad when the Queen died and I do remember when my mom and sister were watching Princess Diana's wedding. My sister is fascinated by them. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was up watching as well...I love the tradition of it all, and continue to be amazed at the surroundings they live in each day - to be a part of that history! Glad you're feeling better - love that you have helping hands to make the workload easier. I'm tackling laundry now, and ready to sit down and plan the week. Where does the time go...May already?! Enjoy your week...always look forward to what's happening in your part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Billie Jo. It's so fun that you got up early to watch the coronation. Glad you had a nice weekend. That strawberry scone looks so yummy. I hope you have a great week! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you're feeling better too! Yesterday was my first full day of feeling good again and it was glorious! Even doing laundry and mopping felt good, just because I was so happy to not be sick :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you are feeling better! I did not watch the coronation as it was happening but I did catch a few snippets of it online. I have extremely mixed feelings about Charles and Camilla but I did like seeing all the attire of the guests! So many beautiful clothes! Enjoy the spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful place you live in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I watched a bit of the coronation myself though not too much (didn't really get up in time). Very glad that you are feeling better. A strawberry scone sounds so good. And your photos are beautiful as always. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember being in England 🇬🇧 when Queen Elizabeth 👸 had her 25th celebration of being queen in 1977. I still have the mug. Nice bird on your porch. I am feeling better daily thankfully from my oral surgery. A bit upset stomach last night. A bit better now. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed watching the coronation, too. I didn't get to watch it live, but watched it in full after arriving home from work that night. Beautiful and fascinating...yes! I remember watching that wedding, too, and, yes, I've been a royal watcher ever since! Beautiful sunrise! Have a blessed rest of the week! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo