May 15, 2023

Monday Morning Coffee Talk





Good Monday morning, my friends! I hope your weekend was lovely and cozy, exciting and fun, or a bit of all that rolled into one! As you can see from the above pictures, spring arrived here in Pennsylvania. As if by magic, green and blue appeared, promising beautiful summer days to follow. Helped along with the tremendous amount of pollen floating around, no doubt. That will pass, I remind myself!

Our weekend was blissfully busy! Friday night, some of the kids and I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. It was so good! It was refreshingly free of politically correct themes and scenes that many movies insist on including these days. It was what a movie should be. Entertaining. It offered an escape from all the current noise of the world, rather than forcibly including things just for the sake of inclusion. And movie theatre popcorn? Come on!

Saturday afternoon, we went to mass and then dinner at one of our favorite cozy places. It is old, comfortable, unpretentious, and has the best old-fashioned food. I got the turkey dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy and enjoyed it immensely. We had planned on a campfire after dinner, but the party girl that I am, I chose instead to come home, wash my face, and put on my pajamas for some comfy time on the couch. 

Sunday was Mother's Day! I was blessed to spend the afternoon with my own beautiful mother and the evening with all my awesome kids. Steve, Flynn, and I took lunch to my mom at her assisted living home and were able to sit outside and visit with her. She is the most special person I will ever know, and spending time with her is something I cherish. Her memory of current events and people is fading and being replaced with more detailed memories of her childhood and youth. As hard as that is for me, I see how happy it makes her to talk about her mom, dad, and siblings, so that is what we do! My mom loves music and singing, so I played some songs for her that I knew she loved. She sang along to Elvis Presley's  Love Me Tender, as well as one of her very favorites, Yankee Doodle Dandy! We had a beautiful visit sitting outside in her beautiful backyard.




Later in the evening, Madison and Nicolas, Peyton and Chris, Rhett and Kyrstin, and Flynn and Steve prepared the most yummy dinner for me. They had asked me earlier what I wanted, and I chose hotdogs on the grill, Peyton's deviled eggs, and Madison's macaroni and cheese! Peyton made my favorite chocolate chip cookie skillet for dessert. We took no pictures because we were too busy having fun! It was a beautiful day celebrating the blessing that is my vocation in life: motherhood. Today I have laundry, schooling with Flynn, some random things to clear off my counter, and some phone calls to make. I hope you have a cozy day with your people, whatever your plans may be! Thanks for visiting!


Mocha is happy to see you too!

Billie Jo



14 comments:

  1. Happy mother's day to you!! Looks like you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice green and blue color in PA. We've got it here as well in Oregon. Lovely flowers and hot weather has arrived. Older favorite restaurants are good. Phil and I ate at a Chinese cuisine yesterday as we'd not eaten at one for years. I'm dealing with allergies right now as pollen is high. Cute dog you have that makes me smile 😊 . Happy days ahead, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue and green have all arrived in Michigan too - along with the pollen!
    Glad you had such a lovely weekend. You are so right to talk with your mom where she is right now. I encourage you to ask lots of questions about her childhood. I did that a lot in my Dad's last year and loved hearing some of those stories.
    Your food sounds yummy and your puppy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got to spend time with your mother. I wish I could see mine again.
    I love your comment about not taking photos and instead concentrating on the time together. Creating memories being engaged is so much more valuable than a photo op.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Mocha is so adorable! His eyes are deep endless pools. You live in such a gorgeous place! My people are from Pa.! a little town called Elizabeth. Your Mom is so pretty, and looks so much like you. This is a great shot of the two of you. What a wonderful weekend you had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Billie Jo~ You know I always love getting to see your mom, what a blessing she is to you, and what a blessing you are to her! She is a beautiful lady. Your Mother's Day sounds like it was perfection, from the visit with your mom to the meal with your family! Of course, Mocha . . . adorable! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day! Pollen is all over here in NJ as well. I couldn't stand it and went to the car wash yesterday, I'm sure it will be yellow again today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Mother's Day! It sounds like you enjoyed a really special time with your family. It always makes me happy to see photographs of your lovely mum positively glowing and content in her assisted living home. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The photos are beautiful! Glad you were able to spend time with your mom on that special day. Precious time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mother's day weekend sounded PERFECT, right down to hot dogs and mac & cheese! YUM!
    So happy your mom is doing well! She looks great!! I can't wait for Dutch Pantry and a campfire this summer! Miss you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Dearest! Sorry I'm late to the party this week - busy day yesterday. It looks like SUMMER decided to show up at your day! Lol And it sure looks picture perfect. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. ;) Your sweet Momma reminds me of a my former MIL and how she loved to share the past and sing Elvis and songs from the 50's too. Biggest hugs to you all! Have a wonderful week ahead. xo 💝

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you had a lovely Mother's Day and that green is so eye catching out there.https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/05/how-to-style-golden-goose-sneakers-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Tuesday! It sounds as though your Mother's Day was lovely. We're living through much the same thing with Dennis's Mom. Some days are harder than others, but always a privilege to be there for her at this time of her life. I was able to hear from all three of our children and Mandy, our oldest brought me flowers and then went with her Dad to take Mom flowers while I stayed with the dogs. We went to lunch after church with my sister which was wonderful. It's such a blessing to be around family again after over 30 years away.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad you got to spend time with your mom and your kids on Mother's Day. Your weekend sounds absolutely lovely and theater popcorn is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo