May 12, 2023

Really Random Friday Photos

 

Good Friday morning! I hope you had a good week and are ready for an even better weekend. I have some random photos on my camera roll, so let's get started! I made some coffee cake this week to put in Rhett's lunch, and then I inexplicably cut it and put it on this pretty cake stand because I thought it would be nice if anyone stopped by. In the old tv shows, doesn't the woman always have cake displayed just in case her neighbor drops in for a visit? It looks so nice, doesn't it? The hilarious thing is that no one would just pop in here for a visit! Everyone knows I require a phone call or text first! 

I was back in the kitchen this week. I made a delicious beef and broccoli recipe I found online. Madison was here, and I was so glad for her help. This was a hands-on recipe of chopping, stirring, mixing, and seasoning simultaneously, so I was glad she was here! We even put Steve to work! 

We have a regular visitor these days. He comes around a couple of times a day to check in. I call him Bill, after my dad. And I am always happy to see him!


I got nothing for this one. Maybe, as Flynn says, it's just "Vibe."


Our weekend looks lovely and full of family and fun. Tonight some of us are going to see the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I need to get caught up on the first two. Either I have yet to see them, or I completely forget what they are about. Both are possibilities. The non-Marvel-movie people, Madison, Nicolas, and Steve, are going to have a lasagna dinner cooked by Nicolas and a nice evening walk. Me? I'll be watching a movie with popcorn and a large Dr. Pepper. Saturday, we have mass, and then, weather permitting, our first fire of the season, complete with s'mores. Sunday is Mother's Day, and I hope to visit my beautiful Mom in the early afternoon. Then we will have dinner here, my choice! What have I chosen for Mother's Day dinner? Hor Dogs on the grill! Yep! Hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, and deviled eggs! Peyton is making dessert too!

I told the kids I needed nothing on a Sunday in May to honor me as a mother. Every day I am reminded of how blessed I am to be their Mom. Several moments occurred that solidified this feeling, and I would like to share some of them with you here.

Flynn was due for a hair trim; Madison took her and made a day of it. They got their hair done, went for an iced coffee, and went shopping for shoes for summer. Flynn spent the night with Madison and Nicolas too! How amazing is this love between siblings? It isn't new, either.



Peyton sent me these texts yesterday as she was going through some things in her house.


Did I tear up? You betcha! I remember thinking that the precious little one who worked all afternoon on that sticker picture couldn't possibly grow up. But she did. And she is amazing.


Rhett sent me this yesterday. I have been making him lunch lately, and he took the time to thank me. That little cutie who used to eat the lunch I made him in his room with watching The Sandlot on a portable DVD player is all grown up. But he still appreciates his Mom.

Here are my people...minus Kyrstin, who was at work but was there in spirit right next to Rhett. These are the ones who bless me every single day and allow me to be what I always dreamed of being. Mom.



Speaking of Mom. Here is mine. She is the absolute best person I will ever know. She taught me everything I know about love, patience, joy, grief, vocation, and home. She taught me how to be the very best me I can be. She is selfless, caring, kind, and beautiful. She has lived her life caring for the people she loves. And I get to call her Mom. 

Google

Finally, to all the mothers, grandmothers, godmothers, those waiting to be, and those praying to be, Happy Mother's Day.

The Sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.

William Goldsmith Brown


Billie Jo














13 comments:

  1. I love the dairy queen picture! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day! Your cake stand is such a lovely idea! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a really great Mother's Day weekend. Enjoy every last bit. I just picked hot dogs on the grill the other day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a beautiful family! And this is a wonderful and joyous family photo! Ice-cream and big smiles for everyone! You look so much like your Mom! The beef & broccoli looks so good!! And OH, your dog's EYES!!! Your Mother's Day sounds absolutely perfect! Now I want a hot dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Billie Jo! You have a very Happy Mother's Day. I am sure your family will spoil you and make the day very special. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mothers Day! Your photos are sweet, so is your family. I know they will spoil you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful assortment of pictures you shared, Billie Jo! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved all of this so much! And I couldn't agree more...being a Mother is the greatest gift I could have ever asked for on this earth. It sure sounds like you have a perfect plan for the weekend to me! ;) Looking forward to time with my sweet Momma after church on Sunday and then with my kiddos in the evening. And Matt's Mom and Dad come back from AZ this week and we'll celebrate her too. Such blessings and I have such a grateful heart! 🙏 Happy Mother's Day to you beautiful Friend 💝

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the sweetest family! Happy Mother's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bird photo you shared is good to view. What type of bird is it? I miss my mom but think of her often as she will always be in my mind and heart. I sent my sister and sister in law a card via email via jaquielawson.com. I like their cards you can send via email. Nice family you have and enjoy seeing the older photos. Good memories!! Happy Mother's Day and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely loved this post, Billie Jo. It is full of fun and family and love. I love the sticker picture and that it can still make you smile and bless your heart. I hope you have a fantastic Mother's Day. Much love to you- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flynn has the right word, VIBE! This post is the essence of what's important in life, and I love it. Thankfulness just shines through, and you've passed that to your children. I do love the sticker creation!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saw your comment on Betsy's blog and thought I would come for a visit... so cut me a piece of that cake! Oops, sorry, forgot to text or call. LOL! You have a beautiful family. I love all the LOVE in those photos! You are indeed blessed. I very much enjoyed my visit and will return. Sending you many hugs and wishing you a very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! from here in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those pictures with you and your mom.
    If I had cake lying around I would probably end up eating all that cake..
    We have still yet to see the Guardians movie. my boys are both big Marvel fans.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo