January 6, 2023

New Year, New... TV Shows?!

 Hello! And Happy Friday! How was your week? Mine was good here, except it was a bit warm for January! I am all about having the seasons during the season. January can be cold because it is supposed to be cold here in Pennsylvania. Besides, and I have zero scientific proof to base this on, I feel like when it is 55 degrees in January, all the germs have free reign to grow, multiply, and spread. Anyway, January is when I fill in my new planner, one of my favorite things to do. While I used to fill it full of due dates for babies and birthday celebrations, I now find myself filling in dates of the eye doctor, dermatologist, and yearly checkup appointments, as well as the mammogram and dental checkups. 

I also add the premier dates of my favorite shows. I know, sad but true! This time of year leads itself to more structured indoor activities in the evenings. The early darkness and the cold make me want to clean up after dinner, turn out the lights, and snuggle in with the return of my current favorites on tv. When summer rolls around, I will be outside on the deck, out in the boat, or sitting by the fire pit, but for now, inside and cozy it is. 


Here are the shows I am looking forward to watching...

This is on "regular" tv on Fox.
This is a fun show for the family to watch together. 

This is not the case. This is a creepy one that is slow-moving but very addicting. You can catch up on the previous seasons on Apple TV+. The new season premiers on January 13th.

Ahhh, The Bachelor. How would we ever get over the post-Christmas letdown without the promise of this classic returning? Who doesn't want to watch several young women vie for the attention of a man they have never met in the hopes of getting him to propose marriage in six weeks? All kidding aside, I enjoy this show for what it is, entertainment. The new season starts January 23rd on ABC.

This is my favorite guilty pleasure. You Season 4 premiers on February 9th on Netflix. I love this show. It is not a family show, so be sure to plan accordingly. And if you have yet to see the first three seasons, you should before this. You is based on a book by Caroline Kepnes, one of my favorites. And I could not have imagined anyone other than Penn Badgley as Joe, the main character.

This is just a special that I watch every year. Why? I have no idea. I just do!

Ok, now that you know how I will spend my winter evenings, what shows are you looking forward to watching? Please share in the comments. And have a cozy weekend with your people. Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo






18 comments:

  1. I love the winter evenings snug inside our new apartment. Sometimes we go to the movies downstairs, but most often we watch youtube videos. Rarely TV. We really like the "Midsummer Murders" on YouTube. We've watched all 19 seasons twice and we're on season 13 for the third time through. I also watch lots of crochet/knitting podcasters. Most of them have daily or weekly videos. Dennis has his favorites too. Sometimes in the summer here in Nebraska we're also inside because of the heat and humidity. When we lived in Washington the TV was rarely on in the spring/summer/fall because we were outside having fun at the lake or in the yard or just taking walks. It's too miserable here to do that so we tend to stay indoors.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize Youtube had it's own actual shows! I just checked out the trailer on that series and I'm so checking it out. Thanks for sharing that!!

      Delete
  2. I look forward to the return my shows from their winter hiatus (Grey's Anatomy, Station 19) and there are a few other programs I look forward. I used to enjoy the Bachelor, but no longer. I've never gotten into You, and there is a show on Apple+ I want to watch that had Jason Mamoa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for the return of Swat tonight and Fire Country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't watch much TV but love this time of year just the same. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that we need some cold to kill the germs in January.
    My calendar gets filled with not such fun things too, so adding premier dates is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Billie Jo. I usually watch Dateline on Friday night. Charly and I started watching "So Help Me Todd" a few months ago. It's second season just started last night. It's good. We like it. On Netflix, we watched Harry and Meghan, and just started another documentary about Bernie Madoff. I am a documentary watcher. Hubby and I also enjoy old Perry Masons from the 1950s and 1960s. Tonight, I plan to watch Dateline in our downstairs family room while working a jigsaw puzzle. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Billie Jo! I love that you are sharing what you watch. I'm always needing new ideas. I was so into Heartland, but then they started just going in a unrealistic direction and I stopped watching. I am a big reality-tv fan, such as Sister Wives, Married at First Sight, Wife Swap...but I have been watching The Bachelor and Bachelorette for over 23 years! I missed a few of the early years and seasons, and I've skipped a few lately when they fired Chris, but have continued to watch most of the time. Speaking of Chris Harrison...did you know he's starting a podcast on Jan. 9th? I think it's going to be a huge success, as he's getting some great feedback. But back to tv shows, we mainly watch British crime shows at night, because they tend to be less gory than American tv.

    Anyway, thanks again for the recommendations. I'll be looking up "YOU" on Netflix.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are some of your favorite British Crime shows? I love British TV but haven't watched anything new in quite awhile, and it was mostly comedy (love me some Keeping Up Appearances LOL!!) Would love to check out the crime ones.

      Delete
  8. This is a perfect time of year to watch some tv.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grey's Anatomy: it's ridiculous and unrealistic, but my girls like to watch it, so I snuggle in and watch it with them...we're on the second time...we also watched Firefly Lane, the newer season is slow. Paul likes war documentaries, but last night we watched Died Suddenly on Rumble, it's a MUST SEE.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the show recommendations. My older son has been trying to get me to watch YOU for a few years now. I'd forgotten. He has the books as well. I just finished up one I'd been waiting for, Emily in Paris. Now, I'm excited for That 90's show. We also enjoy Name That Tune. Hope you are enjoying a cozy inside weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You remind me... Having discovered (via ION re-runs) the TV series, Blue Bloods in all my "convalecsing" last year, I told myself come January, I should start the series from the beginning. I don't know that I'll end up watching every show, but it will be nice to have some blanks filled in. I just put season 1 on hold!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this!

    I watched YOU when the first series was on Lifetime I believe and loved it. I have completely forgotten about it. It's on Season 4 already?! LOL I have Netflix so I'm gonna check it out.

    I like Name that Tune as well. Hubby is better at guessing than I am lol! We just started watching that show "Special Forces: World's Toughest Test" that has celebrities in it. I recorded it, not knowing what I would think of it. We were hooked, hubby and I. Definitely watching this one through.

    I absolutely love Masked Singer (I believe it comes back again in February). I am loving all the comments too. Definitely checking out some that have been mentioned

    ReplyDelete
  13. Am looking forward to YOU coming back. I have heard of Servant, may give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have watching The Chosen on Netflix. I am really enjoying it, but they only have the first season on there, so I've been trying to find the other seasons elsewhere. I like how it shows a little about the Apostles' lives and their journey along the way following Jesus.

    I love that first vintage tv photo. Remember those? : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri if you down load the free app you can find all episodes there. If you have a smart tv you can cast it to your tv. They are into season 3.

      Delete
  15. I have totally been loving The Chosen. Netflix has season 1 but I have the app and they are into season 3 now. So good. I have also been thoroughly enjoying So Help Me Todd. Makes me laugh every episode. And Amazing Race and Survivor are always a must watch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo