January 23, 2023

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

 Good Morning! I am Home ~ Sweet ~ Home this morning, and look what decided to welcome me!

Yep. Winter is here to stay for a bit, and I am thankful we all arrived home last night safe and sound. We are refreshed and relaxed and filled with memories of family and fun to lead us into a new week.

Some of us enjoyed breakfast at a favorite little diner during our beach weekend.

And I can vouch that enjoying a healthy breakfast on vacation is possible! This omelet with spinach, tomato, feta cheese, and whole-grain toast was delicious!




How blessed am I that my grown children enjoy celebrating holidays together?? Years ago, I was a young mother with four little ones. To break up the long winter months, I started celebrating the special days during that time, and the kids loved it so much that we continue a form of it to this day! We celebrate Chinese New Year, Groundhog Day, Mardi Gras, Valentine's Day, and St. Patrick's Day with everything from simple meals to special music and holiday-themed games. I used to order supplies from catalogs, and I still have the special Mardi Gras beads and St. Patricks Day coins! Each year we set them out, and the kids share special memories from years past, remembering what we ate or wore all those years ago. This past weekend we celebrated Chinese New Year at the beach with Chinese takeout, a few games I downloaded from Etsy, and some music I played on my phone. Nothing fancy. Just fun. The big winners were Nicolas and Flynn, who won the "Major Awards" ~ a shirt and stuffed rabbit ~ for their accomplishments!

Today I will make my weekly meal plan, place a grocery pickup order, run laundry, and finalize homeschool plans. Dinner is yet to be determined, but it will involve some form of pasta and steamed vegetables. This week is a busy one for me! I have a hair appointment for a cut and color, an appointment with the psychiatrist I see for my OCD, and an initial appointment with an audiologist. Then this weekend, my amazing mom celebrates her 86th birthday! 

I hope you have a relaxing day and a happy, healthy week, my friends! I will leave you with this fun little thing I found online:



Accurate. Don't you think??

Oh! And if you are interested in the guilty pleasure that is The Bachelor, it returns tonight at 8:00 on ABC! 



Billie Jo




19 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a fun weekend!! Don't forget to add Cinco di mayo to your list of celebrations. It is one of my favorites because I LOVE Mexican food. lol
    Have a great week Billie Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does this bachelor kinda creep me out? I hope he proves me wrong, but he seems fake to me! It will be fun to find out! Glad you had great family time at the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on this. The past three bachelors left a sour taste in my mouth.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely weekend at the beach! Happy for you to have the winter weather you were hoping for. We got 2 inches of snow Saturday night as well. Sounds like a busy but good week ahead. Hope Mocha and Kirby can tag along with you as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like the fun traditions you started when your children were young provided lasting happy memories. How nice that you could all be together at the beach for the weekend. I think your healthy breakfast looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun mom you are! I always wanted to be the kind of mom that celebrates everything. Instead I'm just a tired mom/grandma :) hahaha And I really want to watch the Bachelor but I'll have to pay and I'm just not sure it will be that exciting. But...have you listened to Chris Harrison's new podcast yet? Definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like it was an amazing weekend! I hope you're staying nice and cozy now. We sure have had a lot of the white stuff up north this year! I'm ready for a beach break. Lol 😂 Happy birthday in advance to your beautiful Mom!! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time with your family. I love the celebrations with your kids.
    On the family pic around the table. I noticed that your daughter in the pink striped shirt looks so much like you - then as I scrolled down, I see your picture, also in a pink striped shirt. :)
    Happy Birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Billie Jo! So glad you had a nice time at the beach with your family. Happy birthday to your mom. Enjoy The Bachelor tonight and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Billie Jo~ The beach sounds wonderful right not, I'm so happy that you had fun with your family! I love that your mom will be 86, she is such a lovely lady, I know you will make her birthday extra special. Enjoy these slow January days! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun time with family again. Phil and I ate out 2 times this weekend. Saturday after a kids training meeting for 2 hours at church, then after church Sunday. I had to do online work training at work today that took hour to do then 10 minutes break then work for 50 minutes then off work. Delicious salad I brought home from work that I paid for. Cheap due to working there. 😃 😊 I'm glad you still have your mother to celebrate another year of her life. Happy birthday to your mother. We have cold weather but was also surprised we had sunshine today. 🌞 God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great week. Birthday greeting to your sweet Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Chinese New Year! Looks like you all had such a fun time. We ordered Chinese to celebrate while watching the football game. Hope you have a great week ahead. And of course, Happy early birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great mid-winter outing!
    The southern girl that lives inside me is always so enamored with photos of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you were able to escape to the coast for a few days with your family. I love your pink and white striped sweater! Pink is a good color on you! We have a bit of a busy week this week, as well. Charlotte has a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon, followed by a visit to the Allergy Clinic for my weekly allergy shot, and Charlotte has belt testing on Friday night for karate. She's up for an orange belt and we are all very excited for her! I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating your mom this weekend! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful that you can all get together so often. And how fun that you celebrate so many holidays. That omelet looks so yummy I think I'm going to have to make us some. I just bought spinach, tomatoes and goat cheese today. I can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Chinese New Year is fun, and I just recognized it and did a post about it Monday. It looks like a wonderful time spent with family at the beach, and the games and good Chinese good make it even more special. Chinese food is the best, and I tend to crave it sometimes. Your pink and white heart sweater is delightful, and you can wear that for Valentine's Day! And your snow! Makes my heart sing to see your photos of it. Happy Birthday to your sweet Mom, Billie Jo. What a cheerful post this was today. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooops, I meant Chinese food, writing too fast haha.

      Delete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo