January 21, 2022

Friday And A Pasta Dish

 

Good Friday morning! This morning, the sun is shining through the kitchen windows, but don't let that fool you! It is COLD! This past week was a quiet one here. After finally locating my winter boots in the basement under the shuffleboard table, I did venture out to get my hair cut and colored. And in breaking news...

I got rid of the blond. Apparently, years of adding bleach can result in less than healthy locks. Who knew? I decided to return to my natural color and had her cut off some dead ends to start fresh. So far, so good.

Last night  I made an easy, fresh, delicious pasta dish for dinner. I had some freshly chopped ~ from the store ~ onions and tomatoes, so I sauteed them in some olive oil along with some freshly minced cloves of garlic. I threw in some dried basil, salt and pepper, and a little bit of the water in which I was boiling the pasta. I let that simmer while I cooked some penne pasta. Once drained, I added the pasta to the tomatoes mixture and gave it a good stir. To finish it off, I grated some fresh parmesan cheese, and that was that. An easy but delicious dinner that literally took twenty minutes to prepare!

Well, I need to go make our menu plan and grocery order. I also need to call the dentist and pour a cup of coffee. Our weekend looks cold and basically uneventful, just the way I like it. There may or may not be quite a bit of this...

It's January, right? Thank you for all the fun comments on my previous post. It is so fun to get to know more about each other, don't you think? Have a lovely, cozy weekend, my friends. Stay safe, sound, warm, and healthy! Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo





16 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great! It is sunny but 9 degrees here right now. I'm off work today and not leaving the house. It's still hibernation month for me. Have a wonderful Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billie Jo! Yay for uneventful, relaxing weekends! I hope yours is exactly that way. I do love your new haircut and color. The color is really great. The last time I colored my hair was back in 1986 and that was a one-time thing. I am au-naturale when it comes to my hair. The pasta dinner looks delicious! See you again soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your place settings! Those are absolutely lovely!!! I am also putting off a call to the dentist! I had a filling break off and I am dreading going in to get it fixed. Thanks for the reminder! HA! Have a great weekend Billie Jo!! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks fantastic. I had 3" lopped off my hair yesterday-it was badly needed. It feels good to have healthy ends.
    Dentist appts for me coming up...ugh...
    I hope you have a blessed weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the new 'do. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hair. Love that you had to find your boots under a shuffle board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE that hair color on you! Have a wonderfully cozy and warm weekend. By the way, that pasta looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say this to everyone who will listen LOL I think everyone looks much better with their natural hair color. Yours looks beautiful. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the HAIR! It is nice to have a change for healthy hair! Thanks for the idea on the pasta meal, I happen to have all of the ingredients to make that. SOUNDS YUMMY! Enjoy your day dear friend, stay warm and cozy! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair has a beautiful natural color! The pasta dish sounds really good. Easy makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your new cut and color! It looks so nice and fresh. It's sunny and cold here today - perfect January weather! The pasta dish looks delicious and so easy to make. Stay warm and cozy this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hate to tell you friend, but you're still blonde! Love it on you. That pasta dish looks delish. I wouldn't have thought of doing it, but maybe now that you've thought of it for me....
    I took a nice long winter's nap today. Now it's time for me to think about dinner.
    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Billie Jo, I'm so delighted to have found your blog. It's a breath of fresh air and very open and friendly. I'm dieting mostly by cutting out carbs and sweets, but every Monday after my weekly weigh-in I have whatever I want for dinner that night, then back to the diet for another week. Your pasta made me start thinking about pasta this Monday evening . . . Looked so yummy. Your newest follower, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair looks SO beautiful! WOW! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks amazing Lady! I need the blonde to hide the gray - but I do a lot of conditioning treatments. Lol I also do different essential oils on my scalp via castor oil as a base to help my scalp and hair.
    That pasta sounds amazing!! You are definitely the Queen of Pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pasta dish looks amazing. You always make the most delicious pasta. And your new hair cut looks great! Have a good rest of the week, Billie Jo. It's really cold here too, and just staying in this week to stay warm. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo