January 31, 2022

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

 


Good Monday morning, my friends! I hope your weekend was cozy and warm! Here in Pennsylvania, it was COLD. I know several of my blogger friends saw an obscene amount of snow this past weekend, but here it was just downright cold. I am not complaining. After all, it is January in Pennsylvania. I spent the weekend indoors, as is no surprise. I want to say I was super productive; however, I realize that would be an untruth, so I will say that I spent the past few days on the couch, reading, watching tv, and napping. I did make a delicious dinner for Steve, Rhett, Flynn, and me, or as Rhett refers to us, "The Final Four," on Saturday night. Flynn had requested chicken and waffles and I had chicken and gravy leftovers in the week, so it was easy to make some waffles, mashed potatoes, and everyone happy!

I also rearranged our closet. We have lived here for almost a year and a half, and I have never been happy with our closet. It took me this long to realize why. One side has a shelf up high and a rack down lower. The other side has two racks for hanging clothes, one high up and one down low. Well, I was using the highest rack to hang my clothes, and Steve's clothes were on the lower rack. I am 5'4". Steve is 6' tall. Needless to say, I took all our clothes out, weeded through some older items, and placed them back with mine on the one lower rack. Now I can reach them! Steve's are perfect on the other side. His shirts up high and his pants down low. One of life's minor problems solved. I suppose it is helpful to do what one can, right??

Well, now that you can rest easy knowing my clothes are within reach, I will leave you with a reminder of two special days this week. We celebrate all things here, perhaps not as much as we used to when the kids were young, but we do mark certain days to break up the long, cold winters. 

Tuesday is Chinese New Year!


Wednesday is Groundhog Day!

Just a reminder in case you want to celebrate too!

Have a cozy Monday, my friends.
Thanks for visiting.

Billie Jo

P.S. Images courtesy of Pinterest.




16 comments:

  1. Glad you had a restful, cozy weekend. It was cold here also and I didn't leave the house all weekend. It always takes me awhile to live in a space to figure out the best way to do things. It'll be nice for you to be able to reach your clothes. Thank you for the reminder of the special days this week. I hope you have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to get things better organized. I need to work in my closet but winter is when we get outside more. I'll save it for summer when it's too hot to hike. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The final four! I love it! Freezing here too. Only 5 degrees. Brrr.... Happy almost February! Stay cozy! Miss you guys! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend sounds relaxing and delicious! Chicken and waffles sound so lovely on a snowy weekend. Closets are perpetual problems. Glad you solved yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got your closets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little puppy is just so very cute! It is wonderful that you got the closets in order. I do that from time to time and it is such a blessing to have it done. I have been like you, keeping cozy and enjoying reading and such. Today we have warm weather but tomorrow the winter like weather will be returning to Kansas. Hugs to you my friend. ~Juli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Closets have a way of not sorting themselves out unless you work at it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cleaning and sorting out a closet sounds pretty productive to me! When I do that, it always makes me feel so much better about everything -just to have a clean, organized space! I would love to know if you have read anything good lately. I will be sharing what I read and am reading in a Reading Round-up post later today. Stay warm and cozy this week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it always feels SO good to get organized! I recently organized my craft closet, and it makes me happy now just looking at it. I went to the Dollar Tree and bought their baskets and organized everything into the boxes. Now it looks so neat and tidy. It is the little things that make us smile :) It has been cold here too. Our snow has tapered off, and we've just had ice to deal with, not fun. I rather like snow. But the east coast surely is getting an insane amount of snow! Goodness. Stay warm, blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was even cold in Florida, so I can imagine how it must be in Pennsylvania.

    Have a wonderful week, Billie Jo! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you stayed cozy and productive! During the final days of my covid quarantine, I had better energy and felt productive too. I went through my closet also. Lol And came away with 3 bags to donate! And I also cleaned out my pantry cabinets. Good jobs done for this new 2022. Happy Lunar New Year and Groundhogs Day to you my Friend. And have a blessed and cozy week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you stayed warm and cleaned your closet. I did throw away an old pillow I didn't like last week. My daughter bought 3 My Pillows and one is for the couch. I like those pillows. I heard on Klove radio this a.m. that a couple got married in Rhode Island on the weekend. They had an outdoor wedding even though there was a blizzard. That's quite the story! Hopefully there were tents for people to stay warm! Someone said that Chinese new year is the Tiger so the Bengal football team most likely win over the Rams...NFL game in a few weeks! Interesting. Phil and I saw some of the game with Bengals vs. KC Chiefs...just a bit after half time we left the restaurant we were eating in. Bengals did win! Have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Groundhogs Day! I hope it is a cozy one for you. Mocha sure looks like she enjoys cozy snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Dear Friend, I am finally back visiting in blogland, like you I have been so busy with odds and ends, though I am now motivated to clean and organize not only one but several closets! Cleaning closets and organizing them is something I procrastinate, but once I get started I am soon looking back and admiring my progress!
    I did enjoy seeing the groundhog today, sadly, though expecting it, he predicted 6 more weeks of winter! Oh well it is February!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes it really is the little things. Glad you got your closet all sorted out. Thanks for the reminder about Groundhog day, guess I better go see if I'm planting my flowers early or after a long 6 more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a good feeling when we get things cleaned and organized. Your closet will feel much more manageable for you. I have heard of Chinese New Year, and it sounds like a festive holiday. It's really cold here too, 21 degrees when I went to my car this morning. Stay warm and cozy, Billie Jo. Sometimes it's these days when we can get the most done around the house. What a cute picture of your doggy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo