March 3, 2013

What's Inside My March Folder

March already? That means spring is not far away, right? Time to pull out my March folder and see what is inside. Here is my March folder...




and here is what is inside...





The first thing inside is the March Poem.


                                     Spring Cleaning
by Susan Reiner
March bustles in on windy feet
And sweeps my doorstep and my street.
She washes and cleans with pounding rains,
Scrubbing the earth of winter stains.
She shakes the grime from carpet green
Till naught but fresh new blades are seen.
Then, house in order, all neat as a pin,
She ushers gentle springtime in.
Then I have the handwritten list of things to do this month.
                                             March
1. Plan St. Patrick's Day meal
2. Bake and deliver Shamrock cookies to teachers and friends
3. Organize closets and Drawers
           -Pack away or donate outgrown items
           - Make a list of needed items
4. Set weekend for spring cleaning
             -check or purchase supplies
If Easter Falls In March...
5. Plan Easter Menu
6. Finalize Easter Outfits
7. Attend Penance Service
There is also information sheets on St. Patrick's Day, as well as coloring pages for St. Patrick's Day and Easter inside. I keep a small Irish Favorites cookbook inside for meal ideas too. And last but not least, there is a newspaper clipping I found years ago that gives a step by step guide for spring cleaning in a weekend. It suggests organizing supplies beforehand, and then getting up nice and early on a Saturday morning, washing all bed linens, mattress pads, etc., vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing, and mopping. If we all work together, we usually get it all done! And that is what's inside my March folder. Happy Planning!



12 comments:

  1. I really need a tutorial on how to put these folders together...I am an organizational MESS right now!!! Thanks for the good reminders about what needs to be done this month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billie Jo!! I have monthly folders of my stuff too--only mine is more just crafts we've done and similar to yours, ideas for things to do--my folders are much messier than yours! I need to take mine out..March snuck up on us!

    I used to do daycare, so my folders are from way back when we first got married and were doing daycare....I should clean them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it just yesterday we got a peek into your February folder? Where did the time go? Love your idea to do cookies for neighbors and friends. You are always so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your monthly folders! Hearing what's in it gets me in the mood for March!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love your new background! I am now ready for march.
    Thanks to you I now have a folder for the past two months.:) I would love to hear how you do your spring cleaning.
    Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I might have to follow it (some of it, at least). You are so put together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, ooh, do you send St. Patty's Day cookies to your bloggy friends too??

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Colleen's comment! LOL I would love any kind of homebaked treats by you! BTW...we made the double chocolate chip muffins on one of our snow days...delicious! I couldn't believe that I made 18 muffins and they were gone by nightfall! I mean, I don't have teenagers, yet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, Billie Jo--I just came from Reasons for Chocolate and saw your comment...I'm turning 44 in the fall too!! My birthday is Sept 9th...when is yours?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did I already tell you this last month? I'm so excited I could scream! I started my own monthly folders (copying yours of course) back in January and I adore this new system of planning out the month. No more surprises. I couldn't find your cute folders so I used plain ones and decorated them by their monthly themes with stickers. Oh... now I love a new month even more! As always I'm inspired by you! Thanks friend, tara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the spring cleaning poem - makes me want to scrub my entire house from "winter stains!!!!"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo