April 17, 2024

Four Down, One To Go!


Hello! And Happy Wednesday! We have been back in Pennsylvania since Easter and have enjoyed many visits with friends and family, as well as organizing things like closets and shelves. I have also been checking off some essential things on my list. I scheduled all my appointments for this month, and I have one more to go. My friend Dannielle, who blogs beautifully HERE, always reminds me how good it is to "Check it Off. " If you have read here for any amount of time, you may remember I am diagnosed with OCD and suffer from Health Anxiety. I am thankful that through years of therapy and hard work, along with medication, I am doing much better and am no longer paralyzed with fear about these appointments and the results. I can see each as not something I have to do but rather something I get to do. I still don't look forward to going, but I realize I am blessed to have the opportunity to do so. So far this month, I have had...

a mammogram and ultrasound, 



a dental checkup and cleaning,


a yearly physical with my primary care physician,

and an annual skin check with my dermatologist.

Last up is my yearly eye doctor appointment next Monday. I am happy and blessed to report that all of these appointments went well, and I am good to go for a year! The anticipatory anxiety I felt prior to each, which, let's be honest, is very normal, was well worth the peace of mind I have now. I scheduled my appointments for next year and have tucked the appointment cards into my planner. Please know I do not share all this for any reason other than to encourage anyone needing a reminder to get these appointments scheduled and checked off. It is a good feeling, I promise.

Have a lovely Wednesday, my friends. After an absolutely glorious spring day yesterday, we will see a cloudy, rainy day here. I am ready to be cozy! Thanks for visiting, my friends. I am always happy you do.


Billie Jo

(Google for the images!)

22 comments:

  1. After the beautiful spring day yesterday I planned to have fun in the flower beds today...but, alas, as you are experiencing weather wise today...we have rain. Maybe tomorrow! :) I have my check-up with my NP May 2 as well as the dental check-up in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be a good feeling... Mine seem to be scattered throughout the year. I can't seem to get them all at the beginning of the year. Glad that everything has gone well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Billie Jo!! I always dread these appointments as well. My mind always expects the worst. I'm glad you had all good results and that you're done for a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After two nights of tornados all around us, it's cooler today and I think the storms have moved on. It's beautiful outside right now.
    I wish I could get everything scheduled like that. It seems that one or two Drs. always call and reschedule for some reason or another and then, poof, there goes my meticulous plans.
    We have an eye appt for Mom next week, dentist visits for Dennis and I next month and then I have my cardiologist and physical toward the end of the summer. Oh, and eyes thrown in the mix in there somewhere!
    I'm glad you got everything done and good news at each. It is a feeling of relief isn't it? I know my pacemaker battery is getting low and I'm just hoping it lasts one more year until I'm on Medicare. My insurance is pretty bad since Dennis retired and I had to go to the "marketplace".
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lovethat you shared this with us. Getting stuff checked off is the best. Leaves room for new and fun things to be added. Very cool that you're all set up for next year. Go you. happy rest of the week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes friend! I hate some of these appointments and had been putting them off. In fact, it was my Lenten "sacrifice" to actually make and go to the appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good! I’m so glad you got that done. I struggle with a little health anxiety as well. I’m trying to get the courage to get some health tests done myself. I like how you do this all in one month. Easier to keep up with and you get it all knocked out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have almost as many medical appointments as we do!! For me, the worst is the dentist. I am so glad you got good reports on all of them, HURRAH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly understand the anxiety over pending Dr. visits. But to have all in one week? I would need some extra vitamins to get through all of those in one week :) I have to pump myself up just to go to one doc, much less all of them :) I'm a big baby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Billie Jo! I love this post. Thanks for the reminder. I got my yearly blood work done a while back, and I also had my six-month dentist visit. I still need to get that eye doctor appointment made! I have some anxiety over such visits as well, so it's good to know that I am not alone. I like the idea of getting everything over in a short period of time. Thanks for the encouragement my friend! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, that is a lot of appointments all in one week, but how wonderful that you have made such progress with your health and anxiety so that you can have it all taken care of! Good health is such a blessing, and a big praise! Enjoy the cozy rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So good of you to plan ahead - lots of my regular dr visits won’t let patients schedule ahead any longer - and I forget to call when it’s time - a very good and important reminder - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm impressed that you're knocking all those appointments out in just a month's time. I'm making the doctor's rounds, too, it seems - but not just for routine stuff. I will be glad to have things behind me come late June.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i hope you feel better to have those all checked off. It does help to be reminded that these appointments are something to be thankful for, rather than dreaded. Thank you, Billie Jo. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband has OCD with health anxiety too. It has made life interesting on occasion. Glad you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Proud of you, my friend!! Thanks for sharing and reminding us all to check it off the list! Love you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you for taking care of your healthcare appointments. I know it is always a relief when they are taken care of with good results. I am in the process of doing the same. Even though I've taken care of a few, I still have eyes, teeth and mammogram to go. Will be glad when they are all complete.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm happy to hear that your OCD is doing well. My daughter has suffered for years. ((HUGS)) I am now having a lot of depression and anxiety myself. I am so glad that all of those appointments went well for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have been busy and productive - in a very good way. I am very negligent with many of these tests (for other reasons) but seeing how you have pushed through and made such progress is very encouraging. Thanks for sharing a bit of your story. Hope your week has had some fun moments and the weekend ahead will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have done reluctantly all my tests after the discovery of a tumor on my spine cord and a big surgery . I now am very scared of all results. But I did them all which was a lot of anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad all went well with the appts. It's a good feeling when they are behind us for awhile. I had some of mine end of last year and beginning of this year, and the only thing left is a dental for a crown that has chipped. No fun. Have a lovely and peaceful Sunday afternoon, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo