September 19, 2022

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

 

Good Monday morning, my friends! It is a cloudy, rainy, cozy day in Pennsylvania, and I am not unhappy about it. This past weekend was sunny and hot and, quite frankly, a bit too summerish for me. I mean, I realize it's technically not autumn yet, but really? I have super cute hoodies I want to wear! 

But seriously, it was a lovely weekend, despite feeling like July. And looking around, I am comforted by scenes of autumn that are but a prelude of things to come. A quiet lake, some growing fawns, a backyard fire on a crisp evening, and colorful, crunchy leaves on the deck all give me hope that fall is near. 





I enjoyed a wonderful visit with my sweet momma yesterday! We sat outside and visited and enjoyed the view, the birds, and each other. I am thankful for every moment, smile, and laugh we share. She is the best person I will ever know.


And I will leave you with this. This is my Mocha, as I found her this morning. Clearly, she considers herself human, and who am I to argue with that sweet face? And yes. I do have Snoopy sheets on my bed. Because I am quirky like that.

Today will be schooling and laundry, and dinner. I am making homemade chicken tenders and lemon garlic pasta with broccoli. I hope you have a relaxing, happy day! Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo

15 comments:

  1. Yes, all awesome signs of fall. We have a pair of fawns that have visited our yard a few times lately. We used to have a lot more deer, a lot more often. I don't know whose yard they're finding more appealing now. lol Love your little doggie and your Snoopy sheets! And dinner sounds very yummy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weekend weather here wasn't too bad but the next three days or so are supposed to be HOT! I'm ready for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was hot here too.. reached the mid 90's on Sunday. But I am snuggled up in a cardigan today so I'm happy.
    Sweet photo of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so ready for fall weather. This will be my first real fall, with foliage change, in a long while. I love wearing leggings and sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet face Mocha has. My son is on his way to see me and with him will be Sadie. She looks a lot like your mocha. It's gonna be a great visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at Mocha!!! Love that name too!
    Those deer right near the road - makes me anxious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been warmer than I'd like here too....but it's only a matter of time! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ‚ ๐Ÿงก Your Momma and little Ms Mocha make for the sweetest pics this week. ๐Ÿ˜ Here's to a lovely week ahead! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hope it's a looong fall! Our forecast for the week is supposed to be highs in the 60's and lows in the 40's - perfect to me. You're spot on - fall is almost here! Love the sweet Mocha face and your mom...what a great way to enjoy the time together. Have a terrific week, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quirky is good, quirky is fun!
    Speaking of fun, your Mom looks like so much fun!
    Love your photos today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi BIllie Jo. I love the Snoopy sheets. So fun. I had Snoopy sheets for our bed for years. Now I am wondering what ever happened to them. So glad you had a nice visit with your momma. So glad fall is almost here. Have a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love quirky! I have a quirky Cockapoo and a quirky life! How wonderful that you have your mama in your life and are able to spend time with her. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Snoopy sheets! ๐Ÿ˜ Mocha looks very comfy! I’m glad you and your mom had a great visit and I can’t wait to see your beautiful fall pictures when the trees start turning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Say hi to your mom! what a blessing to be with her! It was rainy yesterday but today is gorgeous and in two days it's going to be brisk. I'm all for it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those Snoopy sheets are just so cute. I love anything Charlie Brown. Mocha is cuddled up all snug and warm under the covers. It's nice that you had a visit with your mom, and spending time with her outdoors must have been a joy for her. Those deer seem to be content siting on the green grass. What a blessing it is to see them often. Have a sweet September week, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    **I am loving your side bar leaves. Such a perfect design for Fall. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo