September 9, 2022

Early September Morning

 


I was up and about early this morning. I took this picture of the marina right near our house on my way to my yearly checkup with our family doctor. I always take one of the earliest appointments they have. I figure the earlier I go, the fewer sick people have been there, and the greater the chance the office is clean and germ-free. Plus, when I know I have something to do, I prefer to get up and get it done so I can return home to my little safe place and enjoy the day. 

Fortunately, the checkup went smoothly, and I am home already. This appointment completes my round of scheduled health appointments for the year. Beginning in March and continuing through early September, I schedule an eye doctor appointment, a dermatologist appointment, a mammogram, a gynecological appointment, and a yearly physical exam appointment. Welcome to life after fifty, right???

I do love the early September mornings. I love the slightly cooler temperatures. I love the way the sun shines on the leaves that are just starting their transformation from bright green to vibrant colors of autumn. I love that as beautiful as the day before me is, the cozy evenings come just a bit earlier. And I love the promise of all that is to come. 


And finally, sharing one of the many beautiful tributes I have seen in memory of Queen Elizabeth II. This was shared on Instagram, and it really touched my heart.

(Credit to the creator.)

Thanks for visiting,

Billie Jo












14 comments:

  1. Such a sweet tribute. I'm sure she is so happy to be with her Philip. My heart goes out to her family. She will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cooling off here also and I'm loving it. That is such a wonderful tribute to the Queen. Enjoy a cozy fall weekend my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. September is the perfect month! Glad you are done with appointments until next March! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a relief to get the appointments done. Love that last image...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I like to schedule my annual stuff all together as well! I like earlier in the day because they haven't had a chance to get backed up with all sorts of patients. Happy Happy September!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I also like to get appointment done early in the day if possible. Not always possible when I teach, but if possible, I am an early in the day girl like you. I am glad your check-up went well. Yes, I love September too, especially now that our temperatures are cooling off to more of what is normal for this time of year. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little picture! So glad your checkups are over for the year! Yay!! That's worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to schedule some appointments as well. I've put these off due to the pandemic, and lack of time. I promised myself I would start in 2023. My first goal is to get some new glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Happy to hear your doctor's appointment went well. It's always nice to be able to check those off the list! It's raining here so we had to cancel our plans to go to the outdoor Greek festival. Too bad as it's always so much fun and the food is so good, especially the baklava!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful view. I am steady checking off those yearly appointments too, good for you! We have to take care of ourselves. Love the tribute! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. After my health scare last fall I've spent the past 11 months getting caught up on the years I'd spent 20+ years ignoring. So many appointments! Checkups after c*vid, checkups for diabetes, tons of bloodwork, multiple trips to eye doctor because my eyes changed so much from diabetes, all the wonderful female exams, and too many vaccines. I go again in October for my diabetes checkup and bloodwork.

    That Queen Elizabeth tribute brought an instant tear to my eye! I saw another one of the same type with a corgi looking back, his leash laying on the ground, and no one there. *cries*
    ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have enjoyed seeing the many wonderful tributes to Queen Elizabeth! What a life she lived.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad your check up went smoothly. I have a dentist appt coming up, ugh. I'm with you on the early appts. - not as many people, so not as many germs, and get in and out quicker. It looks like it was a misty morning on the marina. I love your words on "September mornings." They are so pleasant to me as well.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo