September 12, 2022

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

 

Good Monday morning, my friends! Welcome to a new week. Is your upcoming week busy? Full of appointments or activities? Or is it quiet, with a few commitments here and there? Mine is the latter, thankfully. I cherish these empty days, free to fill with whatever I choose. My favorite ones are those we enjoy now, these early autumn days. 

Once these cozy September days roll around, I am ready for a more structured schedule. I enjoy the long, carefree days of summer. I do. But autumn brings that need for routine. My daily routine has changed many times, but some aspects remain the same. I am always the first one awake and the first one downstairs. I start the coffee, unload the dishwasher, and light the candle in the kitchen. Depending on the season, I go around and plug in any lights I have around the downstairs, adding to the cozy feel, of course! Then I pour my coffee and sit in my spot on the couch. I say my prayers and look through my planner. Then I read your blogs and work on my own. This is my special time, the quiet time I have to set the tone for the upcoming day. 

After dinner, I begin my evening routine. I clean the kitchen, pack the leftovers for lunches, load the dishwasher, and wipe the counters. ( With help from the family, not all on my own! ) Then I settle in for a quiet evening with my family for a program or two or to read a chapter in the current book I keep on my end table. We usually end the night with an episode or two of Seinfeld, the show I will never tire of watching. Then, I fold the blankets, pick up the dog toys, tidy the tv room, blow out the candles, and turn off the lights. Those few minutes in the evening make my mornings that much easier. 

Now in between my morning and evening routines, I do daily life. Showers, cleaning, schooling, calling my momma, writing out bills, and other activities we do daily as home keepers. This is the life I dreamed of, and I know how blessed I am to be able to live it every single day. 




Oh. I forgot to add that I take a little ride in the Jeep and treat myself every now and then.  We need to take care of ourselves if we are to care for others, right? At least that is what I tell myself! 

Happy Monday, my friends!
Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo









24 comments:

  1. Good morning, friend! I love this cozy post so much. Your home looks so pretty and cozy. I love your tablecloth and wreath! I wish I could say that I'm a morning person, but I am the opposite. I'm a total night owl - always have been. I wasn't planning on any appointments today, but sciatica is still bothering me so I'm off to see my family doctor afternoon. We also love to watch Seinfeld! No matter how many times I've watched it, it never gets old. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning! Actually it's afternoon now. So good afternoon. You look ready for the fall. Love that you go out and yourself a caffeinated beverage now and then. We all need some self care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a lovely routine Billie Jo! Enjoy this wonderful season. I plan to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I are opposite here. I love the summer and dreaded the Fall when the kids went back to school as that meant I had to go back to school. As in coaching in the early mornings and teaching, drama and dance for the high schools and the University, plus added to that was cleaning the government buildings and sewing. The schedule was awful. In the summer I only had to clean and sew. Not that I don't love Fall because I do love the season and now that mt schedule is better I do enjoy a break from the intense heat. This last weekend was the Annual rodeo and there was a big parade on Saturday.
    Hubs and I were discussing how for years the Rodeo parade meant walking the route with two teams of dancers, after getting them ready and then rushing up to the University for Nut cracker auditions. I did that for years. So nice that I did not have to do any of it. Just cleaned at my daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those treats are a HUGE part of a day!!!! TREAT YO SELF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the autumn vibes in your cozy home! It's rainy and overcast here today, and I do love it...the pool is ready to be closed up, and I do mourn when summer ends, but it is lovely today. We stopped for coffees today too, I like an iced Americano with heavy cream, from a small local place...mmm.
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and your house looks like fall already. I am no where ready for fall___not even a tiny bit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Autumn Bestie. Lol ๐Ÿ˜‰ I have about a medium busy week this week. I feel blessed to have the freedom to help my Mom extra right now, as well as still be so present for my kiddos' lives. As well as having lots of fun with my sweet Matt. It's a life I love and cherish too. I LOVE your decorations always. I'm planning to get to my soon. I'm determined to do some deeper cleaning before I get them out. I will share as soon as I do though! ๐Ÿ๐Ÿงก

    ReplyDelete
  9. The early morning quiet is one of the best parts of my day. Like you, I just need that time to get myself mentally prepared to tackle my day. Your fall decor is so cute! Love that tablecloth! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good afternoon! I like your pumpkin mug. There are pumpkin sugar cookies at Panera since it's autumn season. Busy week with 5 days of work this week and 2 appointments. Hope to meet a friend on Monday for lunch or dinner. I just started a load of laundry and added some new items to it that I bought via internet. One needs returned as it's too long. Still see smoke from eastern area and one co-worker said they were without power for a day due to shut off electricity because of fires. Thankfully we did get some rain last night. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know you are speaking my language, friend! I adore everything about fall, especially the shorter days that "force" us inside to spend time together. Like you, my life gets more structured and I am more "ambitious" in my cleaning, decorating, cooking, and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's such a lovely rhythm to your days, Billie Jo. It must be what makes your blog (and your home!) feel so peaceful and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww the feel of Autumn, a change in the weather is welcomed here. I haven’t done any fall decorating yet but you inspire me to get moving๐Ÿ‚ Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you live a beautiful life! I love how you foster cozy into your day. I strive to do the same. I love the beautiful pictures that you shared. I truly enjoy visiting your blog it is both inspirational and cozy. Hugs to you dear friend. ~Juli

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love routine and structure too. Mondays and Saturdays are my busy days, and I'm really starting to prefer not having anything disrupt the rest of the days because even if I'm bored at least I'm in the peace and comfort of home.

    I like your fall decorations. That Charlie Brown tree is awesome! My sister is a HUGE Peanuts fan and would freak over that. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy seeing all your cozy fall decorations even if I'm not quite ready. Love the tree. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chiming in on Tuesday so I think we can clearly see that my week is the opposite of yours. Which is not how I thrive but I am sure it will be fine. Sunday and yesterday was False fall, with highs on only 65! And it was dreary and gray outside. It. Was. Amazing. Reading my book outside wearing pants and a sweatshirt was the best and we had Corn Chowder for dinner!!! So good. So cozy. And I thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That coffee looks delicious! <3 This will be a week of appointments, which makes me love the quiet days at home even more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I see you have a few pumpkins around your house already too. I loved looking at them all. And that coffee cup! It is the cutest thing. Your Charlie Brown tree is so delightful, and the warm glow of the candle makes your kitchen cozy and nice. You're right, we do need to take care of ourselves and treat ourselves once in awhile. I just had a McDonald's coffee this morning. ; ) I noticed the wreath on your window.....so cute. Your posts are always wonderful, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your fall decor looks so lovely. I used to be right on top of that but this year am totally unmotivated. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello there! I found your blog through Dannielle and I just love it! ♥ I have been reading through your posts and we have so much in common. My morning routine starts almost just like this one. I am the secretary of a Funeral Home, so I have to get off to work at 8 am. But, oh my dream is to be a "House Mouse"... I think my hunny would love that so very much as well. It's nice to "meet" you! P.S. I absolutely ADORE your Charlie Brown tree. I am a huge fan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo