March 22, 2017

Tuna Stuffed Peppers...A New Lenten Favorite

Alright. Stay with me here. I know. I know. Tuna Stuffed Peppers? But they are really, really good! And they are a nice addition to our Lenten meals. I actually found the recipe...where else? On a package of StarKist Tuna. : )

Tuna Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients:
  1. 1 Pack Chunk Light Tuna in Water (11 oz. )
  2. 6 peppers, red, green, or yellow
  3. 1 cup chopped onion
  4. 1 garlic clove, minced
  5. 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  6. 1/2 tsp. oregano
  7. 1 tsp. parsley
  8. 1 1/4 cups cooked brown rice
  9. Salt and Pepper
  10. 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
  1. Cut tops off peppers and clean out each one.
  2. Cut stem from the top of each one and discard stem.
  3. Dice remaining pepper from each top.
  4. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
  5. Stir in onions, garlic, and diced pepper.
  6. Cook until onions and peppers are soft, about 5 minutes.
  7. Add oregano, parsley, salt and pepper, tuna and rice.
  8. Mix to blend well.
  9. Stuff peppers.
  10. Place in greased 8x8 square baking dish.
  11. Bake in preheated oven (350 degrees) for 15 or 20 minutes.
  12. Top with cheese and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes more to melt the cheese.
  13. Enjoy!
Stirring some veggies in olive oil...

Adding everything else!
Easy, right?

Stuffing these pretty  things...

Adding the best part yet...Cheese!
And back in they go...

Until they look like this!!!!

We served them with garlic toast and applesauce.
Also, cook peppers as long as you want to desired tenderness.

Hope you like them!







5 comments:

  1. Such a colorful pretty dinner. All the ingredients sound yummy. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billie Jo~

    Just me! You wanted to know about my blog background - it's just a blogger background. I don't do very good trying to find other backgrounds, and blogger has some really pretty ones. I've always liked this background, and it's great for spring.

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look AWESOME!! (I love bell peppers and zuchinni, but they do not like me.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! These look delicious! I'm always looking for new dinner ideas for Fridays during lent. I've never made stuffed peppers with tuna before, but why not? We love tuna and peppers! They are very pretty too! Thanks for sharing. I'll be giving these a try! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo