April 13, 2015

Easter 2015

Easter 2015 has come and gone. It was a beautiful, quiet and cozy day here...


On Saturday, we made our traditional bunny cake...


and loved our new Easter jammies. : )
And yes...I totally miss the days when they all wore them. And matched.


We snuggled on the sofa and watched Here Comes Peter Cottontail....


and we left treats for the bunny. : )


Oh, and I made sure clothes were ready for 8:00 AM Mass.


Bright and early Easter morning, we posed for pictures. I am missing one here...my Madison offered to take my sweet mother to the Easter Vigil Mass Saturday night. : )


Flynn was thrilled to see that the Easter bunny had come! And this mommy's heart was so happy when her twelve year old son continued the magic in a new way...for his baby sister.


After Mass, we came home and changed back into our jammies, hunted for and found the baskets and then had a yummy Easter Brunch. We had homemade cinnamon rolls, homemade -by -someone -else- nutroll, and fresh fruit. : )


Then we watched movies...and some of us napped...before we had dinner. We had ham, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole. And yes. Those are foil pans you see there. Years ago, I got smart and realized if I cooked the food in them, I didn't need to switch it out to store the leftovers. And...no washing. That's how we do it here, folks. : )


Dessert was Bunny Cake...


Cherry Cheese Pie...


and cookies. : )


And with all that food...I'm not cooking for the week!
Ham for days!!!
Happy Easter one more time, my friends!












15 comments:

  1. Yum, yum, yum! Just look at all of that delicious food :) And look at your precious family....tow sweet, my friend!

    Have a wonderful week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful Easter! Adorable cake :-) Love the Easter PJ's and dress! Have a lovely day!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like y'all had a beautiful Easter. Miss C likes the bunny cake and asked "Can we do that one?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a happy Easter and lots of good food...which always makes us happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a perfect Easter!! Love your bunny cake - so CUTE!!! You've got some great tips for making a holiday lunch even easier....smart Mama!! ;)

    Love these peeks at your beautiful family. Happy week ahead! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful and special way to spend your Easter! Your food looks so delicious!! Hope you're having a good start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a perfect day spent with the ones you love. I,love the idea for foil pans...less work and more time to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh I LOVE it! Did you notice that Flynn is standing JUST LIKE MADISON??? And the foil, duh! Why didn't I think of that? Looks like you had a perfectly perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice Easter. I love that you have so many traditions for the day. Flynn's Easter dress and p.j.'s are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you guys had a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that bunny cake and Flynn's bunny pj's!!!! Everything looked perfect, love how you celebrate the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Easter! Love all the cuteness and all the food. Looks like a wonderful family time together. Precious moments and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello greetings and good wishes.

    Lovely photos and very interesting write up.

    Surely you had a wonderful and fabulous Easter.

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Billie Jo!

    Oh I love Easter! Not only do we get to celebrate the Resurrection and Atoning Sacrifice of the Savior, we also have the opportunity to spend that precious time with our family . . . yours is adorable! I love Easter dresses! I remember wearing white gloves and pretty hats to church on Easter Sunday, I felt sooooo grown up!
    Disposable pans are the best, and so easy! This year, I cooked a turkey and my kids brought side dishes. We had strawberry shortcake for dessert, but I really love your bunny cake . . . my littles would love it too . . . next year we will have bunny cake!

    Your picture is gorgeous - I love seeing pictures of my blogging buddies!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo