April 23, 2015

Thursday Thoughts...And A Winner!

Today I'm thinking about...


...the upcoming weeks. And how I am actually prepared for them. In a few short weeks, my firstborn...my Madison...graduates from high school. I always thought this time would be tremendously difficult for me. When she started Kindergarten, and then middle school, and even high school...I dreaded the thought that her graduation would come. I couldn't imagine my little girl...my teenager being finished. Being done. Moving on.

But lately...I've realized that it isn't devastating at all. She isn't a little girl. She isn't a young teenager. She is a beautiful, independent, strong, creative, determined young woman. And...she is ready. She is ready to move on. To begin new challenges and new adventures. I think back to when I was graduating. I was so excited to start. To begin a new chapter. To see what the future held. And so it is with my own child. Yes...the years passed quickly. Yes...it will be hard not having all my children with me all the time. But this is life. And life goes on. And she has a life to start living.

So as we plan her party and pick out announcements and finalize graduation plans...I do it with joy and pride in my heart. And to be honest, a bit of sadness. I am a mother after all.

Here is a peek at our life this past week in our country home. : )


We finally saw signs of spring...


and my little Cinderella was thrilled!


And it appears she is a blogger in training.  : )


We had some quick, throw together meals...


but they were still yummy.


Some storms rolled in...


and we played a favorite all afternoon.
(Tara...please tell Abigail Flynn cannot wait to play with her!)


Binge watching is my favorite. : )


And we took our first "Before Mass" outside photos of the year!





For the record... Baby Gap clothes are the BEST. This is her third spring in this dress!!!


Oh...and then winter returned. Ugh!


Thank you all for entering the giveaway for the dishtowels! The winner is Erica!!! Congratulations! Please email me your info so I can put them in the mail. We will do this again soon!


And that's it, my friends!
Have a cozy weekend!
Thanks for visiting. : )







14 comments:

  1. This is a happy and sad time but as you said, life goes on. You have reared your children the right way and you should have peace when they leave the nest. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and Madison - as hard as it is to move into this season with a child...it is so amazing to watch them fly.
    I love all the photos and binge watching is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I have to face having my oldest start high school next year! And then I read this post and just truly think how it's going to feel when I have to fully "let go and let God" as they say, with my own kiddos. Prayers my friend, for the excitement and sadness ahead.

    Your quick meals look awfully yummy to me! And your Spring sure exactly mimics ours - snow one day and sunny & lovely the next. Mother Nature sure has her mood swings! Lol

    Happy Thursday Sweetie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I needed to read this post. It's probably just a touch of Baby Blues but lately I've been getting nostalgic whenever I think about my babies growing up. I dread the day they turn 18! My mom always used to tell me that when the day comes I will be ready for it and I know she was probably right but it's also to her point reiterated. :)
    Have a wonderful day and all the best to your family, especially Madison, at this exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Sorry, I meant to say it's 'nice' to have her point reiterated.

      Delete
  5. What a great post -- it is so fun and exciting (though a bit sad) to watch little ones grow and then boom -- it's time to graduate from high school! Enjoy the last few weeks of school! Aren't you so happy to have spring?! We had freezing temps in Nebraska this week, but warming up nicely and I am so ready for it! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Erica! Those towels are adorable!
    Billie Jo, I remember when the twins went off to college (2 different colleges). It was so hard to leave them at their dorms. Time passed. They thrived and loved college. I missed them but was happy they were happy. {{HUGS}} to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exciting time this is for Madison! And what a bittersweet time for you. Y friend. I will be there in a blink of an eye.
    Love the picture of Flynn with the camera❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures and love that she is also a "blogger in training", lol. ;-) We had snow here yesterday that laid several inches...absolutely crazy! I remember Melrose Place and 90210 and many more which will show my age, lol! Congratulations to Madison...a big accomplishment and so exciting! Congratulations to Erica! Have a wonderful weekend :-)

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I remember when Liam graduated. Madison will do just fine in life. Thanks for sharing your photos. Congrats to the winner. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Abigail: Hi Flynn! I can't wait to play with you! I have the same Calico Critters School as you. We are going to have soooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Billie Jo, I won I won!! Yay!! I'm thrilled. Silly me, for some reason I thought I already left you a message. I wish you could have seen how excited I was when I saw my name Wow! Should I just leave my e-mail here in the comment box and you can delete it later ((so the world does not have my e-mail). Just let me know. Thanks so much, I can't wait to see those lovely towels in my kitchen. Also, thanks to the other gals who congratulated me. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo