March 10, 2023

Favorite Recipe Friday

Hello! And Happy Friday! I am snuggled under a throw with my pups and my coffee, and although it is only 10:00, I have already returned from my doctor's appointment, showered, and unloaded the dishwasher. It was a regular checkup, and thankfully all went well! Except for the fact that the scale there is different than the one here. Hmmm. I always schedule the earliest appointment for a couple reasons. First of all, the office is usually empty and super clean, and in addition, I don't have to sit and wait all day to go. I can go, come home, shower, and be back on the couch before Steve leaves for work! 

Winter apparently got the memo and is making up for lost time here in Pennsylvania. We had snow earlier in the week, are supposed to see a storm today and possibly another Monday. My weekend will consist of cozy clothes, books, and coffee. Yay!  





Our favorite meal of the week was an old favorite, Grandma Flo's Lasagna. It is Steve's mom's recipe and his very favorite. There are many ways to make lasagna, and this one is straightforward. But it is so good! I shared the recipe once before and will add the link to that down below. We serve it with fresh bread and sometimes a salad.


Have a nice weekend, my friends. I look forward to visiting and catching up with you all. And don't forget to turn your clocks ahead! Leaving you with a quote that popped up on my phone because sometimes we need a reminder!
Billie Jo



(One change I do make is I use 2 pounds of ground beef and 2 jars of Ragu Pasta Sauce with one box of lasagna noodles.)




















21 comments:

  1. Enjoy your cozy weekend! We are just getting rain and cold. Although we might get some snow on Monday. That lasagna recipe sounds good; I need to add it to my recipes to try as Bill loves lasagna but I don't like ricotta or cottage cheese that is in most recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billie Jo~ Look at all that snow! It's just beautiful. I love the lasagna recipe, it's delicious and easy to put together. I remember when you posted it the first time, and it's been a winner in my house ever since. Enjoy your week-end! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your pictures. I have never made lasagna. I will share your recipe with my daughter. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were supposed to get 5-7 inches of snow yesterday but ended up with only 1 inch that melted before I got out of bed. It rained most of the day which is very needed and I'm sure the farmers were happy.
    We had friends over for dinner on Wednesday and had lasagna, garlic break and salad. I made a chocolate lasagna for dessert. I'm going to post a picture of the dessert and the recipe on my next blog post.
    Have a wonderful Friday!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for early easy MD appts and yay for good straightforward yummy recipes. Thanks for sharing again! I have been seeing things for lasagna soup too- I'm sort of curious to try? Also just cuz....well, easy. Lol Enjoy your cozy weekend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lasagna looks delicious! and your weekend plans are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so yummy. Your photos of the lake are so beautiful and peaceful. Hurrah for getting a good checkup!! I like to say that the scales in the doctor's office are always broken!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to save this lasagna recipe. Looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. I am pretty sure my doctor's office scale is off too. ;-) The picture of the snow in the trees is beautiful, but I am sure that you, like most of us, are ready for spring! Thanks for the reminder to turn our clocks ahead! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Billy Jo, great photos! Glad all went well at the doctor's office. I hear you about their crazy scales, lol! They lie!!! The lasagna recipe looks excellent and I look forward to making it. Haven't made a lasagna in a very long time and will be very happy to make your grandma's recipe and thank you for the link. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We got dumped on here too - so much snow!
    For some reason Dr office scales always seem to be heavier than the ones at home.
    Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum on the lasagna. Wishing you a beautiful weekend, smiles

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your snowy pictures, Billie Jo! Thanks for sharing the lasagna recipe. I am glad your appointment went well. I usually weigh myself before going to the doctor's so I can compare the numbers and track better. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are just beautiful. Meanwhile it is warm and sunny here with a thick coating of pollen everywhere.
    The lasagne looks delicious and nothing beats a simple recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos make even snow look lovely:) Do you live on that lake? What a dream house location!! You must enjoy that view 100 times a day!! Hope you have had a warm and cozy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are enjoying your cozy last weekend of winter. Lasagna sounds wonderful. Might have to think about adding it to our menu one day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Also snow and chilly in Nebraska!! Hopeful for spring and warmer temps - the sooner the better! That lasagna looks yummy! Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you wished a little snow our way, thank you...we woke up to the prettiest dusting this morning - makes me smile. The lasagna looks terrific...today I'm simmering sauce for spaghetti and alfredo - my son is home on spring break, so it's time to cook all the favorite foods! I'll add your lasagna to my list...thanks for sharing, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Look at all those layers! Noodles - the best part of lasagna. Well, that and cheese, and sauce, and... Mmmmm. Beautiful snow pictures. Enjoy your cozy time!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I never tire of seeing the white fluff. We've been getting a lot of it also. Your photos are so pretty. And how nice to see those Swans gracing on the lake. So glad that your check-up went well, Billie Jo. I know what you mean about early appts. Two of my next dental appts. are first thing in the morning. ; )

    Have a blessed weekend, and a restful one.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo