March 3, 2023

Family, Fun, And Favorite Recipe Friday

Hello, and happy Friday, my friends! I hope you had a lovely week and are ready for an even better weekend. We had a nice week here, filled with family, food, and fun. You know, I wish I could talk to my younger mom self and tell her that her fear of her little ones growing up was completely unfounded and unnecessary. My little ones are now 26, 22, 20, and 13, and we have as much fun together as we did all those years ago.

For instance, Madison's husband Nicolas organized Nico's Movie Club, and every few weeks or so, anyone interested is invited to attend! We take turns hosting, and this past week we watched the movie at Peyton and Chris's house. Peyton made the best homemade pizza/ham and cheese pockets with a salad and her famous chocolate chip cookie skillet. Rhett always supplies popcorn he picks up at the movie theatre. I usually wear my cozy clothes and bring a blanket. I am so thankful that all of the kids love spending time together, and including Mom and Dad as well! 

We finished one of the best trilogies I have ever seen. If you still need to watch these movies, you can start this weekend! (It's not for the little ones, so wait until after bedtime.)


Also this week, Steve's sister Sally, one of the very best people I know, and her awesome husband Greg ( He reads here...Hi Greg! ) had all of us in for dinner. Sally's house is the coziest home ever, and she and Greg treated us to a wonderful night complete with chicken and waffles, fun and games, and a delicious chocolate lasagna dessert. It was the best evening with all of us cozy and together. 

These are just a couple examples of how awesome grown children are! So fear not, young mothers. Your littles grow. And it is really ok. 

And finally, I did cook this week. And this was a favorite.

These chicken fajitas were delicious. I will link the recipe down below. I used fresh lime juice in the marinade.

Ok. I need to get moving! Mocha and I hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks for visiting!


Billie Jo





13 comments:

  1. I love fajitas. And it has been so long since I have had them. I am also intrigued by this chocolate lasagna idea... Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate lasagna? I'm going to have to look that up since we will be having dinner guests next week. How blessed you are to have your kids so close and able to share life with them daily. Ours are spread far and wide and although I am grateful for FaceTime and the closeness it helps brings, it's not the same as in person hugs and get togethers to have a good time.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Grown kids are just a different sort of blessing. I love what you do together.
    Those fajitas look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you have had a lot of good fellowship - as well as food! What a wonderful blessing! I will admit your fajitas look super yummy. I'm feeling inspired:) Hope your weekend continues to be full and blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - what is chocolate lasagna???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better for parents to see their kids get along. One son has crazy work hours. So when he can, he invites everyone over to eat and play games. My daughter just moved to a new place and has invited us all over to eat. Fajitas smell so good, but I can't handle the onions or peppers. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you all enjoy spending time with each other! I need to check out that fajita recipe. They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was a fabulous week! I love those batman movies. So good! I've really been enjoying my grown and almost grown kiddos too (21 and 16). Each stage of life with them has its own special parts to it. I've been dreaming on Spring to help me through this LONG end of winter. Watching good movies too. But just did a whole post on ways that help me with my cabin fever. I hope you're staying cozy but think Spring! Lol Have a blessed weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a great weekend, Billie Jo! Your family movie night sounds like a lot of fun. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Billie Jo, you are so blessed, but then you have been such a good mama, you totally deserve your grown kids appreciating you and still wanting to be together with family. Your priorities have indeed paid out! I love reading about your cozy days and get togethers. This is what life is all about! And...chocolate lasagna? hmmm....!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fun idea having a movie night. And I love the fact that Rhett provides the popcorn from the movie theatre. There's just nothing like it. Peyton's food she made sounds delicious. And the chocolate lasagne dessert sounds interesting. I think your chicken fajitas are my favorite. I make these from time to time, and they really are easy to make, and so filling. The movie night sounds awesome, Billie Jo.

    Hello there Mocha. You're so cute. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm definitely struggling with this. Mine are 15 and 11, still pretty young, but I miss those days when they were tiny babies and toddlers. The preteen/teen years seem to be so much of a struggle. As they are growing into their independence and are faced with hard things (stuff going on at school) it is really a struggle to get through. It felt so much easier when they were little. I mean, I would take those sleepless nights with a crying baby over this. But at the same time, I do love where they are at in this stage. I know I'll feel both the good and bad when they are adults too. Watching them grow is hard but also good at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so right Billie, we have to the best times hanging out with our married daughters and grands. I love anything mexican , thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo