December 12, 2022

Monday Morning Coffee Talk

 

Good Monday morning, my friends! Well, we are getting closer to Christmas, aren't we? Do you ever just stop in the middle of your day and remind yourself that this is the time you wait for all year? That this is Christmastime, and it is socially acceptable to listen to Christmas music all day, to have a glistening tree adorned with beautiful ornaments in your living room, and to watch Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer yet one more time? Or is that just me??? 

I love this time of year, so I live in the moment as best I can. Every morning, I come downstairs, make my Christmas Blend coffee, light my Christmas candle, plug in the tree, and snuggle on the couch by the fire. I say my prayers, listen to my daily anxiety reflection and try to just be for a bit. 

This little lady is always beside me, reminding me that taking some time to rest and breathe is totally acceptable. December days are short, and the lists of things to accomplish are long. There is work, school, laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking, phone calls to make, and bills to pay. None of these things ceases because Christmas is near. In fact, we add more on top of that. We shop, wrap, bake, plan, and decorate too. No wonder when January rolls around, we are exhausted rather than refreshed by the joy that is Christmas. I think I will take a stand for the normalization of cozy self-compassion time during December. When someone asks you what you are doing these busy December days, you could be proud to say, "I am sitting on the couch eating a cookie and drinking tea." Or, "I just took a short nap snuggled under my favorite Christmas throw." Maybe you could tell them, "I decided to skip the obligation I was dreading going to and took a walk while listening to Christmas music instead." Or, "I am watching my favorite Christmas movies with my family tonight." 

Then, after you clean the kitchen, turn off the light, and call it a night, you could climb into bed with soft flannel sheets and read that new book that has been collecting dust on your bedside table. 

(Cozy, comfy sheets are Martha Stewart from Macy's) 

Sharing a few spaces in our Christmas home too...
The little table in our entryway makes me happy every time I come home.

Have a wonderful day. Thanks for visiting! 

Billie Jo







16 comments:

  1. I love your sheets and the entryway table. So festive. Yes, I'm with you on making this time of year a bit more simple. Every day actually. Life is too short to rush around. Have a wonderful week Billie Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a nice read this morning as I'm feeling a bit of the Christmas overwhelm. That's not a very Christmas-y book choice ;) It's very good though, read it earlier this year. Hope you are having a wonderful Monday and somehow I know you'll enjoy the rest of this Christmas season week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coffee cup with Santas! <3 The flannel sheets look so comfy, and your table display is just beautiful. I'm with you on being in the moment as much as possible at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read three books by this author. I liked The Last to vanish …the others not so much…let us know how you like this one. Lovely table…

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmastime dear Friend. I love the way you do holidays...and they way you think! Yes, giving ourselves grace to enjoy the season and know that it's okay if we don't "do it all". I hope the rest of this blessed season continues to bring you cozy joy and peace. 🎄 ✨

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cozy is looking good over there! I love Christmas too and listen to the music all the time, and watch the movies as much as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I love your festive puppy sheets and the red and white quilt is gorgeous! I'm ready for the Christmas break to begin on Friday. Charlotte has her last school exam on Thursday and she is very ready to get those behind here - I think we both are. I'm honestly feeling tired from it all myself, just the busyness that is December. I still have at least three more gifts to order - just trying to decide on ornaments for my mom, sister-in-law, and one for Charlotte. We went to a few shops yesterday, but they were so crowded I couldn't even shop - back to online shopping it is! We have dinner plans with friends on Saturday night which should be nice and relaxing. And next week I have lots of baking and gift wrapping to do. I honestly always welcome January, as much as I do love December. Take care, my friend. Take some time for yourself each day. I really wish we lived close enough to meet up for coffee and conversation. That would be so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading this. And is it okay for me to say I am not a fan of flannel sheets, but your bed looks so cozy with those sheets and that plaid blanket. I love how that looks together. Taking a walk listening to Christmas music sounds like fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Billie Jo. Your home always looks so lovely and cozy. I am so inspired by this post - just to slow down and not worry about so many things so much at this Christmas season. I love your flannel sheets and I'm off to look at Amazon and see what that book is about. You always seem to have good reading suggestions. Have a cozy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home looks so cozy!
    Yes, it is important to slow down and enjoy, especially around this time of year. A blog I used to love (but it's been dormant for years now) used to say "it's time to toss the lists" when the blogger felt that she put too much pressure on herself. I loved that so much that it's still one of my mantras around this time of year (and the rest of it too, to be honest).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great reminder to slow down. This was exactly what has been on my mind lately. And those sheets! So cute and cozy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this post! We all need gentle reminders to slow down and enjoy these precious moments we get at Christmastime. Your entry decorations are so beautiful, very peaceful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cozy, restful, calm, twinkling...it all looks so nice. And the way you begin your day sounds like what I need to do...too often I put my feet on the floor and feel the need to run! Thanks for reminding me that it's important to just breathe, be grateful, express thanks, take it all in...and then maybe run!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amen to that! This is why I love you! Saying "no" to other peoples expectations and practicing "self-compassion" during these busy days has got to be the best feeling in the world. I've only recently starting doing this and it's the best decision I've made in a long time : ) Also your cozy Christmas house looks delightful!! Miss you my friend!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo