December 19, 2022

Christmas Week Monday Morning Coffee Talk

Good Monday morning! Well, here we are at the start of the last week before Christmas. This is the time I wait all year for. These next two weeks will look different to each of us, as we each have different traditions, plans, families, and dreams. For me, this time of year is my Superbowl, Fourth of July, and summer vacation all rolled into one.

I look forward to spending extra time with my family, eating too much food, playing all kinds of games, wearing matching shirts, taking cozy naps, and watching even more movies than usual. I like to think of this time as a chance to leave the chaotic world outside and spend these few days cozy together. 

My To-Do List is dwindling, but a few things remain. I plan on wrapping a few more gifts, giving the bathrooms a quick clean, swiffering the floors, placing one more grocery order, and watching a few Christmas movies I haven't got to yet. If it all gets done, great. If not, Christmas will still come, so no worries! ( Middle age Billie Jo here. She has become much more relaxed through the years. )

Another favorite this time of year? Afternoon coffee with a favorite holiday treat. These are the cookies I always had for our special afternoon treat time when the kids were little. Peyton surprised me with them a few weeks ago, and made my heart so happy. 

Well, I need to wrap this up and get going. Flynn and I are going to do school and then Madison is hosting Peyton, Kyrstin, Flynn and I for an afternoon Christmas tea. I always thought I would be sad when my littles were not so little anymore, but God is good. Grown up children are a whole new kind of wonderful!

Tonight, after I wipe the kitchen counter, and while Steve watches yet another football game, I plan on sitting by the fire and visiting you all! 

Have a wonderful day, my friends!
So happy to have you here.

Billie Jo  

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect way to look forward to the next 2 weeks my friend. We are on Christmas break from work and school (well the kids and I, Bill still has to work). Right now the kids and I are watching the live action Beauty and the Beast. I will put a Christmas movie on this afternoon. I hope you have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Christmas tea sounds delightful and just what is needed this week. Enjoy it! Have a lovely, relaxing week! I'll be watching movies and staying cozy while Rob is watching football like Steve! Love ya! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next two weeks are my favorites of the year also! We do a lot of cooking and eating, a lot of movies and board games, reading and naps. Just being together and home is all that matters to me.
    Enjoy this magical time of year Billie Jo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this period so much too. I finished work today and there's something so lovely about this idea of being at home for the next two weeks without too many major commitments, just quality time with the people I love most in the world. Having lots of good food and fun things to do helps. Enjoy your holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could take the time off to enjoy, but not to be this year. But next year, I will make the effort to slow down. BTW, I read your book and was just delighted by it. Now seeing the names of your family feels like I know them personally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful week ahead! I don't have too much left to do, so I'm looking forward to just having fun and enjoying the feeling of Christmas (finally)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a thoughtful gift! And I think you are right about the grown up children, mine are somewhere in the middle and I'm enjoying the more relaxed pace of this stage. A Christmas tea sounds like so much fun as well. Hope you have a wonderful time the next two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're Superbowl - LOL... that made me laugh. ... its my torture. Its soo much for me. Funny how different it is for everyone. But glad you love the season - Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete

  9. Enjoy your day and your sweet family traditions. We will be spending Christmas with my daughter's family a couple states away this year...little kids and lots of fun. I haven't had those Archway cookies in years. I didn't know they even made them anymore. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. That kitchen sink does, indeed, look very merry! I love your swag (note to self!) Sounds like you are very much in the Christmas spirit...and I agree, adult children are a whole new world. A very nice one in fact!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wrapping tomorrow for me. I agree. Grown children are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to hear more about the tea...what a lovely way to spend the afternoon leading up to Christmas. And thank you...I do still struggle (greatly) with the kids growing up. It all passes so quickly, it makes me sad. It means more than you can know to see your "grown ups" still enjoying so many things together, and to hear you say they're a whole new kind of wonderful. I'll try my hardest to keep that in mind. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Billie Jo. I love your Christmas home! Those Archway Christmas cookies - a favorite of mine. You are right, this is a wonderful time of year! Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can feel and hear your enthusiasm for Christmas, Billie Jo!!!!! Merry Christmas and have fun with your family. : ) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious cookies you got from Peyton. I made a double batch of cookies last week with Christmas M&Ms and craisins. 😋. Baker's dozen given to pastor and family at church. Nice kitchen sink window with decor. Christmas is a favorite holiday season of mine as Jesus is reason for this season. Merry Christmas 🌟

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love these cookies too. What a nice surprise from Peyton. The Christmas tea sounds delightful. And your kitchen sink area is so charming with the white houses on the window sill. It's nice to look out our windows when we are in the kitchen. Your fireplace looks warm and cozy.

    Merry Christmas to you, Billie Jo. You are a lovely woman spreading much goodness to the world with your thoughtful blog posts.

    ~Sheri

    **thanks for the suggestion of the show, The Long Eared Donkey. I will have to watch that. And it was so nice to know that you love The Little Drummer Boy too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Merry Christmas. Your comment about grown children are a whole new kind of wonderful, I couldn't agree more. Loved and enjoyed my 3 children when they were small. I didn't think I could enjoy them more. Now they are in their 30's and just as much fun...just in a different way. Children truly are a blessing from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo