December 28, 2022

Christmas 2022

Hello again, my friends! Christmas Eve and Christmas Day have come and gone for another year, and we enjoyed them immensely in the very best way: together. Christmas Eve in our home was cozy and quiet, thanks to Madison and Nicolas, who hosted our entire family, as well as my sister Margie and her husband, Chris, for a traditional Danish Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve.

Our hosts for the evening! They worked very hard to share Nicolas' beautiful Danish traditions with us. We enjoyed delicious hors-d'oeuvres while visiting and listening to Christmas music in their beautifully decorated home. I offered to help if needed and was happy to assist with the gravy! We enjoyed roasted duck, Frikadeller, which are Danish meatballs, red cabbage, broccoli cheese casserole, Caprese salad, baby potatoes, and crescent rolls. Delicious!




After dinner, we exchanged our Secret Santa gifts. This year I was thrilled with the gift my Secret Santa gifted me! Christopher made me this beautiful sign for my kitchen! I absolutely love it! And promptly found a perfect place to display it the minute I got home!


After the gift exchange and a super fun game, we were treated to dessert, courtesy of Peyton, of course! She surprised us with the most delicious, beautiful dessert I could only dream of making! It was as good as it looked!!!


After dessert, we bundled up and braved the colder-than-cold weather to head home and relax before bed. And just like that, it was Christmas! Madison and Nicolas joined me, Steve, Flynn, Rhett, and Kyrstin for a brunch of nut roll, cinnamon rolls, coffee cake, and fresh fruit with juice and coffee. After brunch, we settled in the family room to relax and open presents!




The day passed in a blur of cookies, music, games, and naps. Peyton and Chris joined us later for dinner. It was snowy and cold outside but cozy and warm inside as we enjoyed the evening together. Mocha summed up the feeling perfectly.

Christmas Day was beautiful, and we continue celebrating with dinners, games, and visits because I strongly feel that Christmas is more than just one day. 

Merry Christmas, my friends!

Billie Jo

 

18 comments:

  1. It all sounds so lovely. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the photos it looks like one magical Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the perfect Christmas! The food looks fantastic. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like such a beautiful Christmas. It's definitely more than just one day - we're just about coming out of it here, 3 days later! I do love that sign: I think homemade gifts are always a bit extra special. Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your beautiful new sign and enjoyed seeing the photos of your Christmas celebration. I agree that Christmas is a way of life that lasts all year. The spirit of love and of giving. Perfect reminder of why we celebrate.
    Your home is lovely and so is your family.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful celebration! The food, the decor and of course, family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you enjoyed your Christmas season. It is more than a day isn't it? LOVE the kitchen sign and all of the gorgeous photos. Have a great day Billie Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas sounds lovely! That yule log looks beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful family! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sign! Great gift! The food looks delicious and oh my goodness, the desserts! Happy New Year dear friend. I hope it is a happy and healthy year ahead! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how even your simple Christmas was picture perfect! I am so so very happy your Christmas was so Merry. And yes, still Christmas here too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a beautiful family and you had a beautiful holiday. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures. Best wishes for a happy 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful and lovely family time. Many blessings for 2023

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything in each picture looks so cozy and welcoming. The yule log is beautiful and looks delicious! So happy that you had such a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas. And even though I'm taking down and putting away, yes the Christmas spirit is most definitely more than one day and the season doesn't "officially" end until January 6 here around here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your new kitchen sign! It's so cute! I just ordered the same Haden electric kettle and I'm excited to receive it soon. We drink so much hot tea so I know it will come in handy. Your family Christmas sounds like it was lovely as can be in every way. Love all the pictures! Hope you are enjoying these in-between-days. Stay cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, everything is so beautiful! Your family has such fun gatherings! Your kitchen sign is so cute! I know you will enjoy that. Your girls just outdid themselves with the food and hosting duties. I’m so glad y’all had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Danish Christmas traditions sound delightful, especially the Danish meatballs.
    ; ) aaahhh, there is the old fashioned candle holder that I love to see on your posts. It really is heartwarming. Peyton looks pretty in her red dress, and the yule log dessert looks amazing. She always makes the most wonderful desserts. Madison's house looks festive, and so nice of her to have everyone gather at her home. Oh, and I love your Christmas candle!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful Christmas! And your sign is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo