- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray.
- Add 6 cups Chex cereal.
- In a small pot, combine corn syrup and sugar over medium heat.
- Once boiling, take off heat and stir in 1 and 1/2 cups peanut butter.
- Pour over cereal and mix carefully.
- Drop onto wax paper and shape if desired.
- Using a microwave safe dish, melt chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Heat slowly...in ten to fifteen second intervals to keep chocolate from scorching.
- Stir until smooth.
- Refrain from scooping some into your mouth at once. : )
- Pour over your scotcharoos on your wax paper.
- Allow to cool at room temperature.
- Yes. You need to wait.
- Then...enjoy. With a huge glass of cold milk nearby.