It is almost back-to-school time, and as hard as it is to believe, my youngest is entering her junior year of high school. This got me thinking about when I was that age and what was part of my daily life. Like...
As my kids say..."That was the vibe."
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Billie Jo













All that looks so familiar! haha!! what a trip! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI adored Love's Baby Soft!!! In fact, I saw it somewhere in the last couple years. I am going to look on Amazon for it! We have this same wall phone right now! Only it is beige. Our granddaughter asked us what it is and how do you use it!! No kids nowadays know how to use dial-ups!
ReplyDeleteAh, so many familiar “vibes”; some good and others not-so-much anymore. I remember the “class ring” craze,🙃, Love’s Baby Soft and the plaid prairie blouse is very familiar. Oh, yes! The organizer to beat all organizers 🤣 Do you remember Bonnie Bell Lip Smackers in the giant tubes? They may be slightly before your time.
ReplyDeleteMary
Goodness, i miss my trapperkeeper. I loved that thing. The rainbow. The velcro closure. Kids are missing out. This makes me wonder whatever happened to my overpriced class ring.
ReplyDeleteI remember those things, but it was 20 years after I was in high school!! Jump back to mini-skirts, bell-bottoms, hip-huggers, and Woodstock for me! I loved this post, Billie Jo!! Fun!
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to look back. I still have my high school ring which I have not worn since I graduated from high school. So why do I even still have it?
ReplyDeleteOh, the memories. I had those exact clogs. I loved them so much then but now my old lady feet look at them and think "ouch!"
ReplyDeleteIt's good to view what you did years ago, especially getting a high school ring. It didn't spend that much money for the one at Central Linn High School that is Cobra 1973 was the year that I graduated. I like the other items to view as well. I hope you have a good rest of August. Becky L
ReplyDeletewww.grandmabeckyl.blogspot.com
Class rings are still a "thing" at least up here... when my middle son picked his out all I could think about was what had I done with mine or my husband's? They were so important to me back then.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the blast from the past.
ReplyDeleteI still have my class ring. Haven't worn it since I got tricked into buying a college ring. I haven't worn either of them in 30 years. Every once in a while I take in broken jewerly and a couple times I thought about taking them. But then I remember I also have my moms ring. Maybe I will set up an art installation? Or maybe not.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter is fasinated by how we accheived that look with the hair. Perm, product and appliances.
Laughed at the last one. Just today I received an invitation to my 40th school reunion this October. Can not believe it’s been 40 years. Rita
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, my childhood right there!!! an aside - I recently came across some old ads for Love's Baby Soft and they are HORRIFIC! (not that we noticed at the time) Loved this post!!
ReplyDeleteIt WAS a vibe! :) I'm excited for a new school year. X
ReplyDeleteI love the memories that you shared! Childhood memories are so dear to my heart. It is hard to believe it was so very long ago. God bless you my friend. ~Juli
ReplyDeleteAs everyone else has said, this is a blast from the past! I graduated in 1978, same year we got married. Many of the same things were popular then. I remember my Trapper Keeper. Loved that thing. I still have my class ring, Dennis's class ring AND Air Force ring.I remember when I wrapped yarn around his ring when he asked me to "go" with him. Ah the memories this post has stirred up.
ReplyDeleteAs I type this we're driving across South Dakota, near Kennebec. The wide open prairie for sure and skies that stretch forever of blue, blue, blue. In a few weeks we will celebrate 48 years of being married with lots of friends at a potluck dinner in Spokane, WA. Life just keeps turning doesn't it?
Blessings and love,
Betsy
I loved this stroll down memory lane! I had a blouse like that, my senior picture class of 1983 was in a plaid prairie dress with the bodice buttons to the side. I also loved Emeraude perfume, and those clear lip glosses with the roll on ball tops. I had Calvin Klein jeans! And those clogs were just IT! I had several pairs of clogs, back when all shoes seemed to be made of real leather! (Remember Earth shoes? I was in middle school then...)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Billie Jo - this brought me back so much!! I forgot all about the class ring things. Lol That was such a racket, huh? And I can smell that loves baby soft in my memory perfectly. I had those clogs 100%!! 😂 And I remember my gf having that blouse. I still think trapper keepers were the bomb. 😉 Those were the days and they were the best vibes.
ReplyDeleteI remember those things but they were way after my time. My high school ring only cost $35. That will tell you how old I am :). I still have my ring.
ReplyDeleteWhat a trip down the halls of my mind!! Class ring: I never got one (except when my late husband and I first began to "go steady" and I wore his ring on my finger, wrapped with A LOT of yard so it wouldn't fall off!!! I went to 4 high schools in 3 states + Canada, and when I enrolled in the high school where I graduated, class rings had been ordered long before, so I never got one. If I were to make a list of life regrets, that would be one of them.
ReplyDeleteColored wall phones. Every time we moved, Sister and I enjoyed getting to help choose what color phones we would order for our new apartment or house.
I wore my class ring until I got married, and I've never worn it again. Haha!
ReplyDeleteMy Traper Keeper... loved that thing. And the make up... it never looked good on me! But this whole post made me want to go back!
ReplyDeleteOh my friend, I went to high school in the 70's, but I know all of these things. I especially love that wall phone, they were the best. Can you believe I still wear Cover Girl under eye concealer? I never got the high school ring, cause I guess it was too bulky for me, and Yes, expensive. And those Calvin Klein jeans! I remember Brook Shields advertising them. She's such a beauty to this day. Weren't those school binders just so compact and perfect? Thanks for the smiles today, Billie Jo. Reflecting on the past sometimes is so delightful.
ReplyDeleteYES - all of this. Covergirl was my brand, ha ha.
ReplyDeleteGraduated highschool in 1977. I seem to remember class rings were in the $75 - 100 dollar range (depending on what you got). It just seemed a rite of passage, but I have many, many times in my fully adult stage of life wondered what the point of a highschool class ring was/is.
ReplyDeleteBeing a teen in the 70's and in my 20's during the 80's all of the things you pictured are familiar. I even had some big hair for a while as young adult - through the use of perms, layered cuts, and lots of hairspray. 😄