August 31, 2026

Monday Morning Coffee On The Eve Of September

 


Well, my friends. Here we are. Tonight, we go to sleep in August, and we wake in September. I don't think the transition between any other months is as dramatic as the one from August to September. There is a total shift, signaling both an end and a beginning. September is the perfect transition from unscheduled, laid-back, carefree days and nights to more scheduled, structured ones. The sun and heat are gradually replaced by cooler air with a hint of colorful leaves and cinnamon spice. The green around us will slowly change to hues of vibrant red, orange, yellow, and gold, and finally to muted shades that fade to brown. The long nights outside become shorter and darker earlier, prompting us to gather inside with candles and cozy quilts as autumn begins again.

In preparation for all things cozy, I baked a half-batch of cookies from a recipe Peyton shared with me. We were on the phone one evening, and she sent me a picture of the cookies she made. They looked so good; she sent me the recipe, and I went right into the kitchen and whipped some up. They are delicious! I will link the recipe  down below.  


The last weekend of August was a good one for us. We did some things around the house, went to Mass, dinner, and a movie together, and enjoyed a Steve's Sunday dinner of Smashburgers, tomato pie, and cucumber salad to end the weekend.




And Mocha seemed to sense that cozy time is here.


Well, I am off to the dentist. Then home to prepare for the first day of school! Have a lovely Monday, my friends.

Billie Jo



15 comments:

  1. Hello my beautiful Autumn loving soul Sister! You described it so perfectly...that amazing transition from August to September that we anticipate so eagerly every year. All fo your food sounds amazing and those cookies look SO GOOD!! Yay for the BER months ahead. And I pray blessings over your school year ahead with Flynn. And good luck at the dentist too!
    ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cookies look yummy! Happy September and happy back-to-school for your Flynn!! Have a blessed week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am embracing September this year. I usually do not as I know we are getting close to the winter months, but I plan to this year. I have already begun some fall decorating and I will do more this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cookies look divine. And you look so pretty in this blue blouse! It looks like satin. You are so right about the transition between August and September.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I love Mocha's cute little bed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first day of school means so much for all of us. It's some of our very best memories! Happy September my friend!

    ReplyDelete

  7. I've just come from the dentist too - not my favorite!
    Your cookies look so good and I always love seeing your sweet kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You describe the transition so beautifully. Happy September, my friend! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cookies look delicious. Can't say I'm happy about summer ending, but I do enjoy all the seasons. We sill have three more weeks of summer and I'm not rushing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cookies look marvelous, but then chocolate chip are my favorites.
    It's going to be summer here a while longer, so I'm planning on enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy September! Now if it would just cool off!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy September Eve! I can't wait to get started on the 'ber months.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cookies do look delicious. Happy September! Today, the 1st is our 48th anniversary. We arrived in. Spokane this afternoon after driving through the mountains of Montana and Idaho today. It was a gorgeous day with blue, blue skies and rocky mountains that towered around us. I've missed the mountains so much. The air was clear when we arrived today too. We haven't left the RV park yet so I haven't seen any of the fire damage. Tomorrow night 25-30 of our close friends are having an anniversary party for us to welcome us "home." Life is good. God is better. I'm so grateful to have a home both here and in the midwest.
    Enjoy your September my friend. Autumn is coming!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those cookies look good, looks like the added honey benefitted the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum on the cookies! Happy September, Billie Jo! Hope your dentist appointment went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo