Fourteen years ago today, I started this little space to keep pictures and thoughts about our family's life on something new to me, something called a blog. I had begun to read a few blogs and thought it would be fun, although I certainly had no idea what I was doing! Madison helped me get started, and I somehow fumbled my way through the first few months without throwing in the towel. I am so glad I kept going. This space here has recorded our lives for the past fourteen years in a way no scrapbook could. I have written thoughts on raising my children and keeping a home. I have documented recipes and holidays here, as well as many joyful events like weddings and new homes. I also have shared thoughts on extreme sadness during the loss of both my parents and my mother-in-law, too. I have vacations documented here, as well as my favorite: the ordinary and blessed days of being a wife, mother, and homeschool teacher to four amazing children. These are things I created this space to document.
To celebrate, I am sharing one random photo from every year of Afternoon Coffee and Evening Tea.
2012
Something I did not anticipate when I began blogging, however, was the wonderful friendships this space would allow me to make, and the joy, knowledge, comfort, and smiles those friendships would provide me. I am so very thankful to you, my friends, for reading, visiting, commenting, praying, encouraging, and even consoling me during times of sadness. I am so blessed to have made friends I would never have known had it not been for this little space of the internet. I am thankful to you all and am going to celebrate you today with a little drawing for one of five Amazon gift cards to be given away on Friday, August 7, 2026, during a highly sophisticated process of Rhett using a number generator on his phone! If you would like to enter, just leave a comment below. Please provide your name, as anonymous entries cannot be considered. I will post the winners on Friday, August 7, 2026. If you are chosen...YAY!...and please make sure I have an email address to send the gift card to. That's it!
Have a wonderful Monday, my friends!
Billie Jo
Very happy to come along on this journey, I have so enjoyed your posts over the years and seeing all the life changes that happened to you and your beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteanganieroach@yahoo.com
DeleteBillie Jo...Happy Blog Anniversary!! I am thrilled that I came across your blog and have connected with you in such a fun way. Your family is precious and it has been such a pleasure following all the unique celebrations that you all share. You are blessed and you bless each of us. It is fun to look back over the years and to be able see what was happening in the our lives throughout the years. Wishing for you many more years of blogging... Yes, please enter me in your give-away. Blessings to you and to your writings each week...
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog Anniversary!! The pictures you shared from each year are great. I always love visiting you and seeing what your beautiful family is up to.
ReplyDeleteOne of the few blogs I still read. A favorite. Brenda b
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog Birthday!!! I love all of the photos and cannot choose a favorite! Maybe the first one, the pumpkin patch, and you and your mom. Ginny
ReplyDeleteDon't think my first comment posted? Anyway - congrats on 14 years blogging!
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogoversary! I agree, that our blogs are such a blessing and we get so much more out of them than we ever expected. I've been amazed by the friendships formed here. I'm thankful that I met you here and for all you've shared. I love the pics you shared today!
ReplyDeleteBillie Jo this is such a sweet blog. I started mine about 15.5 years ago and can't imagine a life without you in it!
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed your Blog so much. I am not a people person and struggle with OCD and your Blog brings me Joy.
ReplyDeleteI have always enjoyed reading your blog (and watching the changes in your family's lives). It took me a long time to comment, but even when I didn't I was still enjoying it.. This is one of my favorites because even through sadness you are inspiring.
ReplyDeleteI have read here faithfully for the last 4 years. It is fun to watch your children growing up and living their lives as adults while I am doing the same thing here in Branson, Missouri. I love your attention to holidays and traditions as I am known for doing that, too. Love your blog!
ReplyDeleteHappy 14th Blogging Anniversary!! 👏👏I don't comment much but weekly check your blog for new posts. I've enjoyed your blog since you were living in your beautiful home in PA & your children were all still in school. My children are of similar ages to yours and I've always enjoyed your blog as a welcoming break in my day & a place where I could connect with another like minded homemaker. Take good care of yourself and enjoy your special day!
ReplyDeleteI love this blog. I described it for my daughter as a place to go and chat with a friend. No drama, just simple little stories about life. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI can remember when Flynn was so small and everyone homeschooled and Madison worked at Dairy Queen and... time has flown. What a blessing you have been to me over the years. Thank you for letting us come on your journey.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed browsing through your pictures throughout the years. I especially loved the pic of the pie and candle, so cozy. And all those pumpkins made my heart smile. Mia had such fun last Christmas with that little Elf on the Shelf. Your Valentine table is so festive, and there's nothing like donuts to put a smile on our faces. Flynn has surely grown up since you first started blogging. Yes, our blog spaces are truly wonderful, and it's been 15 years for us! I loved seeing Rhett when he was little. And I'm so glad to have met you here in your space, Billie Jo.
ReplyDeleteBillie Jo, your blog exudes the gift of hospitality so warmly and consistently. I don't remember when I came across your blog, sometime shortly before your dear mother passed. I remember your tribute to her included some of her wisdom that comforted me at a time when I needed it so much. Congrats on your "blogiversary." Please keep it up! bjmims@comcast.net
ReplyDeleteYour blog is a testimony to family and caring. I always look forward to reading it, seeing the family pictures, recipes and holiday events and decorations. Blessings . . .
ReplyDeleteHappy 14th Blogiversary! I loved your photo montage.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog-versary, and thanks for the chance to win a gift card!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I enjoyed your trip down memory lane!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog. It greatly restores my faith in Faith, Family, and Friends.....what life should be all about! Your family's love for each other is so inspiring as well as interesting to visit with you all doing your lives! Thanks for the giveaway! Keep up your blog. So many do enjoy and appreciate it! Sincerely, Helen hrglover82@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteWhat great photos and what a fun way to celebrate! My favorite of them all is you and your mama (: gina.cannary@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteHappy blog anniversary, Billie Jo! Good luck to those who want to be entered!! I will just applaud the winners from here! What fun! Have a happy and blessed week ahead!! xo
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 14 years of blogging. So nice to see all the photos for each year.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on all of the fun blogging and thanks for sharing your precious family with all of us. You are a joy and I'm so glad we are friends. I especially appreciate your prayers and encouragement this past year! Here's to lots of fun blogging in the years to come! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteI enjoy your blog very much! Here is to another fourteen! Shawm@rogers.com
ReplyDeleteIt is small s on email
DeleteHappy blog birthday!!! I love reading your blog and your positivity shines forth. Here's to 14+ more years!!!!
ReplyDeleteI can't decide what picture I like best, but I do love the one of you and your mama. Flynn when she was little: too cute. I started my blog when I was expecting Camille, so it's been 19 years this summer...wowza. Back then, I didn't think online friends were real friends, but now I know better:). I'm thankful for your blog, love stopping in here to catch up. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHello Friend,
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun way to celebrate. I love all the photos. It has been fun to get to know you this year through blogging. I appreciate that you are not afraid to share your faith.
xo
Carla
Love all the pictures you shared!
ReplyDeleteI'd love a gift card. Great blog post today and wonderful pictures and memories.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your Blog Anniversary! I have always loved visiting and for years always pop in on occasion when iI took a long break from blogging. Yours was ALWAYS and I literally mean always the one I checked in on and came back to. If a blog could be called Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul (like the books) yours always is that for me. :)
ReplyDeleteAawww - Happy Blogaversary my dear Friend! I loved looking at your memory lane photos. I have loved your blog (& you!) since I first found it. You are such a wise and special Lady and I am so grateful to get to share time with you here. I hope we will still share for the years to come!! Blessings always. 💗
ReplyDeleteHappy, Happy Blogoversary my friend. I'm so grateful that I found your blog. You and your sweet family are such a blessing to me. Your yearly photos were wonderful and I enjoyed every one of them.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and hugs,
Betsy
Hi Billie Jo! It was fun to look back at these pictures from past blog posts. I think I have been reading your blog from the very beginning, and it remains one of my favorites. I sure would like to meet you in person one day, my sweet blogging friend!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I have enjoyed reading your blog for many years.Im shy to comment, but grateful that you share your life and family with us.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blogiversary! I'm so glad we found each other here. Your blog has been such a blessing and comfort. Thanks for sharing bits and pieces of you life and family with us.
ReplyDeleteBillie Jo - happy blogiversary! Goodness, I'm not sure I even know the date joined the blog world but, like you, I am glad that I stuck with it. The documenting is great...but the friendship are definitely the extra (and unexpected) blessing!! I'm glad we are blog friends. I always enjoy dropping by for a visit - although I never have a mug as cute as all of yours!!
ReplyDelete