April 13, 2023

Random Photos On A Friday

Hello and happy Friday, my friends. This past week started out slowly and gradually picked up steam! Monday and Tuesday were ordinary, cozy days at home. I helped Madison at her bridal boutique Wednesday and then visited with my sweet Mamma. Afterward, we met at our little local ice cream place for dinner. More on that later. Thursday, I had my annual skin check with the dermatologist. Thankfully it went well, and I left feeling good. And now, time for my PSA about wearing sunscreen! Please wear it. Everyday. Remember your face. I am a testament that someone who hates the sun and avoids it like a vampire can and did get skin cancer. Ok. Because we have to drive a bit to get to the dermatologist, Steve and I treat ourselves to lunch. This time it was Panera. And it was good! I had half a grilled cheese sandwich with chips and, not pictured but equally delicious, some Papaya Passion Green Tea. Then it was back home to shower and put on my cozy clothes. Does anyone else love coming home, showering, and putting on fresh, clean clothes just to sink into the couch and breathe a sigh of relief? Or is it just me?


This little lady was patiently waiting for me to get home.


Another book recommendation? You bet! This was a new author for me, and I loved this book. I literally had to force myself to put it down. 


Finally, I am adding some pictures I had no idea were being taken. I am glad they were, though, because seeing pieces of everyday life without posing or planning is refreshing. First up is this gem Flynn took of me in my natural element.


Yep. Me with my phone on the couch in my jammies. True life, right there. Madison snapped this next one when we went for ice cream. I am so happy she did because it is a moment in life that would have gone unnoticed had she not. 


Please note: The kids bought my cone! I could not believe how big it was! For the record, it is Hershey Cappuccino Crunch and Hershey Cold Brew Caramocha. You know, just in case you want to try them. 

Well, I need to run. The dogs have an appointment with the groomer, and I have one with the laundry. Have a wonderful weekend, my friends. And a special Thank You to those of you that do not blog but read and comment here. I am so happy you do and appreciative that I get to know you through your comments!

 Have a cozy afternoon, my friends!

Billie Jo









18 comments:

  1. Ice cream for dinner is a sure sign of summer! And love the reminder about going to the derm - I had a mole removed from my buttcheek which has never even seen the light of day, so you just never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another good week and being with your daughter where she works. I'm glad you like Panera food. I need to eat chicken baguette again with a different sauce. Buffalo sauce too spicy for me and daughter so BBQ sauce is better. I like the ice cream 🍦 you and Steve had. Always fun to have photos taken and good memories to see later . Happy day for you and family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, it's not just you, and whenever I have a day out shopping or running errands, I like to come home and take a shower and just rest, so I can totally relate to that. Isn't Panera soooo good? I used to get their broccoli and cheese soup there in my home town. It was amazing. So glad everything went well at your appt. And that ice cream cone! That's great advice about the sunscreen too. I don't stay in the sun anymore, but when I was younger, we were out there all the time. By the way, the Papaya Passion Green Tea sounds wonderful!

    Your posts are terrific, Billie Jo. And they exude much goodness, just wanted to let you know that. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cone! I wouldn't finish before it was ice cream soup! I love the joy radiating from this post! Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Billie Jo,
    Good for you that your check up went well.
    As for sunscreen—you better check its ingredients as there are many harmful and cancer causing ingredients out there! Best is to protect with clothing, sunglasses, shade and timing: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/375980268894160008/
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s dairy bar season here again. Your treat is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a perfect week! Glad things went well at the dermatologist. YAY!! Love the pictures. That is one huge, delicious looking ice cream cone. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Billie Jo. What a nice week. So good to know that you are "in the clear" after being checked by the dermatologist. Yes, I do wear sunscreen on my face every day! That ice cream cone looks delicious. Thanks for another book recommendation. I will have to see if the library has it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cone looks so good! Isn't it fun when your kids take natural pictures of you? I don't know if it's like this for you too, but so often I'm the one taking the pictures so at the end of the event, the holiday, etc. I'm not in any of them. So it's nice when they think to take one or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The ice cream flavors sound fab! Oh, yes - I'm one who can't wait to get home (to my sanctuary) and change clothes and breathe a sigh of relief. Usually picking up my tablet after I check on our fur baby. Your little Mocha probably hates it when you leave.
    I also have to get checked every 6 months by the dermatologist for things that just don't belong there ;) So glad you checked out fine. That's reason to celebrate.
    Mary in OK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those ice cream flavors would absolutely be my choice! Looks so good :) And yes, the first thing I do after coming back home is put on my comfy clothes, take off all jewelry and put my slippers on. I love being at home the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your random photo with your pajamas. I need to make an appointment with a dermatologist for a rash like spot on my nose. Those ice-creams look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good announcement about sunscreen. I have had a couple of small basal cell cancers removed. I love the sun but have never baked in it as an adult. I like coming home and showering and getting into something comfy, too. However, I have to wait until Scruffy has been walked before I put on a nightie. lol. I saved that book and will look for it.

    Have a great rest of the weekend, sweetie. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, my favorite part of the day is when I can home home and get comfortable. Nothing beats it. I'm also with you on wearing sunscreen, although I still seem to get skin cancer regardless. But that's just me and my Basal Cell Nevus Syndrome. Still, wear sunscreen and even a hat too. That ice cream looks yummy! You are beautiful and so is your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pictures NOT posed, my favorites are the ones showing real life. I love cozy❤️. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such awesomeness in this post, Billie Jo. Wishing you a beautiful week ahead. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  17. coffee icecream is my favourite,that looks amazing! Love the photo of you in your jammies. great natural shot :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo