Springtime Veggie Soup
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced and peeled
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 oz. ) drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 8 oz. ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 10 asparagus spears, stems removed and cut into thirds
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 bag fresh spinach (6oz.)
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put diced onions, garlic, tomatoes, beans, broth and water in crockpot. Spray first with Pam. Cook on Low 4 to 6 hours.
- Around 20 minutes before serving, add asparagus, spinach, peas, and uncooked pasta.
- Cook on Low 15 minutes. Then stir in cheese.
- Season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Serve with additional cheese,