Springtime Veggie Soup
- 1 diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced and peeled
- 1 can diced tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 oz. ) drained and rinsed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 8 oz. ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 10 asparagus spears, stems removed and cut into thirds
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 bag fresh spinach (6oz.)
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put diced onions, garlic, tomatoes, beans, broth and water in crockpot. Spray first with Pam. Cook on Low 4 to 6 hours.
- Around 20 minutes before serving, add asparagus, spinach, peas, and uncooked pasta.
- Cook on Low 15 minutes. Then stir in cheese.
- Season as needed with salt and pepper.
- Serve with additional cheese,
Good Morning Billie Jo,ReplyDelete
This soup, photo and ingredients, looks so delicious. I am a pasta lover! Thank you for sharing your recipe.
You know what..my husband just said to me that today would be a good day for homemade soup and bread. Thanks for sharing. BlessingsReplyDelete
PS Love your new look here.ReplyDelete
I'm pinning it!!ReplyDelete
Sounds delicious! I am like you and love the crock pot and use it throughout the year. It sure makes life easier :)ReplyDelete
Hugs to you, my friend!
I love a good veggie soup!! Sounds delicious :)ReplyDelete
Hi Billie Jo! I was just telling my husband that I think soup for dinner sound really good. And here is your recipe. I think I'll replace the asparagus with green beans though. (Not much of an asparagus fan) It's in the 50's with rain, and we even got pea to marble sized hail! What a day.ReplyDelete
Soup and crusty bread it is! Thank you my friend :)
Sounds wonderful! I have everything in my pantry to make this. I will have to hold off until this weekend because it is going to be in the 90s for the next three days!ReplyDelete