July 8, 2013

Crock Pot Swiss Steak

So you all know how much I love my crock pot. In the winter it is perfect for hearty soups and meals. But I pull that old friend out in the summer too. Sometimes it is nice to put dinner in during the early morning, and let it cook while we play all day. I have many lighter, easier crock pot meals just perfect for warmer weather. This is one of them. I found it in a Kraft magazine, and it has become a favorite around here. I hope you give it a try sometime too. Enjoy!


                       Crock Pot Swiss Steak


Ingredients: 2 lb. boneless beef chuck roast,
                      cut into bite size pieces
                      1/4 cup A.1. Steak Sauce
                      1 sliced onion
                      1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes,
                      undrained
                      2 Tbsp.. flour
                      1/4 cup water


Directions:  Toss beef into crockpot, sprayed with Pam.
                    Add Steak Sauce.
                    Top with sliced onion and tomatoes.
                     Cover.
                     Cook on low 9 to 10 hours,
                     or on High 4 to 5.
                     Mix flour with water.
                     Add to meat mixture and
                     cook 5 minutes longer.


6 comments:

  1. Mmm, it looks like a really easy beef stroganoff (minus the sour cream?) Thanks for this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the crock pot being a friend in the summer time, too! Thanks for the new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess what! I LOVE my crock pot, too! I just used mine on Sunday. Love coming home from all day at church and having dinner waiting. Thanks for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great to me--but hubby won't eat anything with tomatoes in it...drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always want to use my crockpot more - this looks like a winner. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that looks so yummy!!
    whenever my mom made swiss steak when we were little it was always a fav!:)
    thanks for sharing this.
    have a happy day billie jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo