Good Monday morning, my friends. And Happy Fall! Officially! Tomorrow. So, I guess it is Happy Fall Eve! I am so ready for that true fall feeling, you know? That certain, distinct feeling you get when you step outside in late September and into October? It is nostalgic and cozy. And cooler too.
This weekend was lovely around here. Friday night, Madison and Nicolas hosted the most beautiful and fun dinner to celebrate my birthday. I requested one of my very favorites, my mom's goulash, and Madison replicated it perfectly! It tasted like my childhood and reminded me yet again of the beauty of the circle of life. My mom used to make that delicious meal for me, then I made it for my family, and now, they make it for me.
A sweet friend got me a most delicious birthday cake, and Madison made my new favorite brownies for dessert. They are delicious! Peyton and Chris were here too, so it was an extra special birthday celebration. And now, I am fifty-seven!














Happy Belated Birthday Billie Jo...🎊 🎂 ...Goulash is a favorite around here. Mylee called me a couple of days ago and wanted to know if I would make her some. A meal that most people enjoy. So sweet that your family wanted to celebrate you big. I enjoyed seeing all of the photos you posted. Such a beautiful area. Beautiful Pool... I am so ready for the official day of Fall to be here!! Enjoy the rest of the week and enjoy a few relaxing days too.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated birthday! I'm not surprised that your family celebrated you so well, they always do!
ReplyDeleteI love your thoughts on the circle of life.
Happy birthday a bit late! You were celebrated very well, I would say! How wonderful!! Birthdays a special and always worth special treats and gifts. Have a blessed and happy week ahead, Billie Jo!! xo
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Billie Jo! And many more! I so enjoy your blog. Just watching a sweet, normal, caring family live out their lives! You are so very blessed!! Love the fall pics also. And, thanks again for my gift card. I was able to purchase a Braves Champs tshirt for my 13 yr old great grandson with it. Came in really handy! Thanks again! Have a blessed fall....and rest of your 57 year! Helen
ReplyDeleteHappy happy birthday! And you look absolutely beautiful!! Your blouse is so pretty, You always have the best fashion sense. The table is so lovely. Your pool is amazing looking. And I love the way you silhouetted the bird.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Does your parish have Sunday evening mass? I have not seen that but it is a great idea! We always go on Saturday night and then eat at our local Mexican restaurant. Have a happy first day of fall!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday You! I want to thank you for the gift certificate, yes, I finally slowed down long enough to find it!. I Think new grandma syndrome overtook my mind. You will be there someday, and I am sure be just as goofy as I was. Again, thank you my dear friend. You always calm me down and make me happy.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a really great weekend! I love Sunday to rest, think, plan, and just be too! Wishing you a happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappiest birthday wishes to you!! And, just for you, fall is floating in (in such a fall-ish kind of way) today!! Your happy season!! Enjoy..and yes, it is a good day for a pan of brownies!!:)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!! The pictures are lovely.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! And I totally agree that at least one day needs to remain relaxed and empty!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Sounds like a perfect birthday weekend. And those pictures from your morning walk definitely capture the feeling of fall. Hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteHi Billie Jo and Belated Happy Birthday! So glad that your family spoiled you and that you had a wonderful weekend. We also try very hard to have our Sundays be very slow and restful and it makes a difference in the entire week. Have a wonderful fall! See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday dear beautiful Friend!! 57 looks great on you Lady 😍 Sounds like a wonderful weekend being spoiled by your favorite people. Everything looked so good and makes me hungry. Lol And yay for cozy season truly upon us. Wishing you so many blessings for this whole year ahead! 🎉🍂🏈🎃🧡💛
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday my dear friend! My 56th birthday is today the first day of fall. It sounds like you had a very nice birthday with your lovely family. God bless.❤️
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! I know fall is technically here but it sure as shooting doesn't feel like it. Maybe tomorrow, or the next day. or the next . . .
ReplyDeleteWishing you a very Happy Birthday, Billie Jo. Have a lovely week.
ReplyDeleteFirst, wishing you a very happy birthday, Billie Jo! Your birthday meal looked mighty delicious. Goulash and brownies for the win! I always enjoy your pictures. Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Those snack containers are so cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy happy birthday!!! I see oodles of TLC (just what you deserve!) Oh the pool - glorious. (and the fireplace and tall windows and view from the last post looks like a fabulous getaway - compared to this old farmhouse - ha ha). Enjoy your week, friend.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday, beautiful friend! So thankful God gave you life and we found each other on this blogiverse.
ReplyDeleteHappy Late Birthday! Looks like a wonderful meal and celebration! I would love Fall too if only it would stop raining around here! Have a good week!
ReplyDelete