September 4, 2026

Back To Homeschool 2026!

We began our new school year here this week, and my one and only student is now officially a junior. I can't explain how much she and I enjoy this journey together, and how amazing it is to watch someone I once taught letters and sounds at on a little white table, surrounded by apples and pumpkins, begin to study American Literature with me. I could lament how quickly those years in between passed, and believe me, I feel it, but I choose to embrace this exciting season we are in now because I know from experience that this will also be a time I will look back on wistfully someday.

This year Flynn's classes are Geometry, American History, Literature, Anatomy and Physiology, and an elective of General Psychology. Next semester, she plans to study Forensic Science. I guess all those Forensic Files episodes she grew up on made an impact! 



We did a little schoolroom makeover this summer. We have a dear family friend who is so talented in all things crafty, carpentry, and design. He helped us pick out a theme, hung the wallpaper and window treatments, and now it is cozier and a lot more fun!






Ever since the kids were little, we celebrated the beginning of a new school year with a back-to-school dinner. This year, FLynn chose homemade pizza and macaroni and cheese!





And Madison made her a chocolate chip pecan pie for dessert! It was delicious!


And here is my happy, fun, studious, intelligent, and sweet eleventh-grade student!



If you are a long-time reader, you may remember her looking like this...









And just to give you a smile on this beautiful Friday...





Sad. But true! 
Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend, my friends!

Billie Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo