July 2, 2013

Happy Fourth Of July And A Quick Summer Snack

Just sharing one of our favorite summer snacks today. Well, actually we eat these all year, but for some reason they taste better in the summer. They are not a new treat, just a twist on an old one. And not quite as messy either! I am speaking of s'mores of course! Who doesn't love a good s'more? But in case you aren't sitting by a campfire, or you don't have any marshmallows handy, here is a quick and easy way to enjoy them anywhere, anytime! I actually made these one time when Rhett had a sledding party. I made them up and took them outside with some hot cocoa. Perfect! Anywhere, here is all you need...




Yep. Just spread some Fluff on a graham cracker, top with a piece of unmelted chocolate, and finish off with another graham cracker. And this is what you end up with...




You're welcome.


And also, a big Happy Fourth Of July wish to you all.
I hope your day is filled with family, fun, hot dogs, and sparklers!
Happy Fourth Of July, friends!



10 comments:

  1. I love s'mores and I have been known to make my own in the oven when a camp fire is unavailable ! These look yummy! You need to move to Charlotte! Great minds think alike and we would have too much fun (and too many sweets ) together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or maybe you could BOTH just move to Dallas! :)

      Delete
  2. Yum!!!! About to post pics of our June Bug and glad to be back reading your lovely posts! Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMY! I will just eat the chocolate..I love chocolate!

    God Bless America!

    Have a great and safe 4th of July, bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melty, roasted marshmallows are about my favorite thing on the planet, besides movie popcorn and chips and salsa. :)
    Sometimes we make these open faced on a cookie sheet in the oven. A graham cracker, a few mini marshmallows, some chocolate chips, pop them in the oven and less than 5 minutes later...POOF! instant smores without the campfire. And for the non chocoholics in my house, we like to drizzle caramel ice cream topping on the warm smores right when they come out of the oven.
    Great...now i'm gonna have to make these today.
    Happy summer snacking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! I have not tried to make them with marshmallow fluff and I am not sure why. How easy! I am on my way to target today and I think I will pick up everything to make s'mores tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Billie Jo... we have all of that right now in my kitchen... off to make us a snack! Thanks for the idea! Happy 4th!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those s'mores sound yummy! We must try those soon!

    I've also been meaning to ask how Flynn did at the theater the other day? Was the movie good? I'm thinking about taking Lucia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! We just made smores, by melting the marshmallows over a candle--it was a hit with the kids! (they had friends over and wanted a snack)

    I don't like marshmallow stuff....too, um, spongy...I know, I'm weird.

    Trying to catch up a little today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo