May 6, 2024

Monday Morning Coffee ~ All The Things!


Good Monday morning! How was your weekend? We had a good one here in Maryland, and there are too many pictures to illustrate that.


I hung some new art in the foyer. I found these reproductions of two of my favorite novels on Etsy and love how they look here.


And I finally figured out something to finish this area in the foyer. 


Another Etsy find: This set of canvases makes me happy every time I look at it. These are in the family room, and the fishing on the water reminds me of my dad.


This weekend was filled with food. Steve and I had a date Friday night, and my fresh vegetable pasta was amazing. There was also way too much! I took most of it home. 


I needed to leave room for this.


We all went to a new restaurant on the harbor Saturday after Mass. I had a delicious crabcake with fresh coleslaw with crushed salt and vinegar chips! 



We do cook, I promise! In fact, after a trip to the Farmer's Market, Madison and Steve prepared the most delicious meal for us all on Sunday night.

Sunday dinner menu

Appetizer. Bacon-wrapped scallops along with baguette white bread

Main. Baked rockfish topped with homemade crab imperial. 

Side. Fried potatoes covered with creamed lettuce

Dessert choices
Pecan pie with vanilla ice cream or white cake topped with fresh fruit and buttercream frosting. 

The first and only sitting will be at 630. This meal is complimentary, but tips are appreciated.

( That is the text Steve sent in our Family Group Thread. )





After all the food, Cosmo and I needed a nap!

Have a cozy Monday, my friends.
Thanks for all your comments on my previous post!

Billie Jo

21 comments:

  1. It is so beautiful outside. Spring is well underway. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous weekend!! I love all of the prints that you bought for the house. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK geesh all of that food looks delish! Have you had real crabs in MD yet? Very good but very expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. About that Sunday dinner, is delivery available?! Looks delicious and a fun weekend, indeed😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my friend! It sounds like you had a delicious weekend! Oh my! All of the food looks and sounds amazing! I saw the Sunday dinner on Madison's IG account. I love it when daughter and dad cook together! Have a wonderful week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, all I can say is now I'm HUNGRY! Lol What an epic food weekend - yum!! PS: tell Steve he's hired! 😁 Blessings on this new week dear Friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dear friend! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend full of delicious food! Everything looks so good, especially the bacon-wrapped scallops! I've never made them, but I'm going to now. Curious... how long did they bake them for and at what temperature? Oh, and the crab cake looks delicious too - my favorite. I remember having blue crab cakes in Maryland once and they were out of this world delicious! Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning my friend. Your meals look delicious. Have a wonderful day.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new artwork looks great.
    Date night looks like a lot of fun and now I am hungry for some reason :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the set of three canvases! And I really like the Dracula and Wuthering Heights art! I really love these movies as well. The food is so mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love all your new art!
    Your food pics are making me hungry, everything looks yummy.
    And Steve's pics are pretty - Spring is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my look at all that scrumptious food. The bird art is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That food does look wonderful. I don't think I've ever had a crab cake - fresh or otherwise. You make me want one very much, now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new touches to your lovely home. The three canvases are stunning. And now I need to get a snack--your food looks delicious. Darling text from your Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful weekend. Now we all want to know what tips were given to the cooks? Mine to my kids was always "remember to use the magic words". Not a remuneration but dang good tip for living.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like family meals and meals with friends.
    It's just that many times with the conversation we eat more than usual, but it's okay the next day we'll eat less! Loved the triptych above the couch!
    Have a great weekend Billie Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found your blog and it is beautiful. I am a retired teacher and I really admire you for homeschooling. Wow! Love all that delicious food.
    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cooking together is such a fun way to spend time as a family. The meal looks delicious! Your home looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the nap photo! And the wall. I get that way too. I'll do something in the house and it just makes me happy and smile each time I see it or walk past. That's the best. Date night, love that too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your beautiful cozy home. The pictures of your meals look absolutely delicious! I adore your Pinocchio mug! Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo