August 25, 2023

Just Like That!

Last night, we enjoyed a delicious meal and a cozy evening with Madison and Nicolas at their lovely home. As I sat there, watching them work together in the kitchen, I realized I was now my Mom. (And there is no one I would rather be!) I remember so many times calling my parents and inviting them to my house for dinner. When they arrived, my dad would sit in his favorite chair, and my Mom would ask what she could help me with. I always told her to sit down and relax or play with the kids because she had cooked dinner for so many years! It was her turn to relax. Last night, I realized I am now the mother, visiting and relaxing while my daughter and her husband cook for me. So when I asked Madison what I could do to help, and she told me there was nothing they needed and to sit down and relax, I did just that. And just like that, I realized how wonderful life is. Each of us is but one link in an endless chain of people sharing precious moments in time. 










Everything was delicious!!! They prepared homemade strawberry lemonade, chips with guacamole, cheese sauce, and salsa, fresh crunch wraps, and strawberry pie! 

We finished the night with a fun family game called KNOW IT OR BLOW IT. It is really fun for everyone to play together.

I so appreciated the delicious dinner and cozy evening at my oldest child's house. Once again, I am reminded that grown children are a whole new kind of wonderful!

Have a lovely weekend, my friends.
Thanks for visiting!

BillieJo


19 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds wonderful! Happy Friday! Miss you! PS love Madison's strawberry outfit! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Madison in pajamas or an outfit? Either way I LOVE it! And the whole theme. What a wonderful time. I am adding that game to my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I just love every single one of your posts. It's so comforting and sweet. You have the best family. If only I could have that kind of relationship with my children when they're grown, what a dream. Hope you and your precious family have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful memories. And what a lovely way to spend an evening. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful post, my friend. So sweet to recall these memories and share them here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A strawberry theme!! I love the throw, her blouse, and the dish towel. And she even made crunchwraps! They are so fun to make. I think at some point in our lives, we all become our mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you the lucky one! :)
    What a lovely dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life is an endless circle isn't it? I realized the other day that I have become the mother of my dear mother-in-law as I took her to yet another doctor appointment and shoe shopping. I cajole her into eating and talk her through spat with the residents at her facility. (They really do act just like junior high mean girls sometimes!) I know that she did this for her Mom when she had alzheimers as I was around, even way back then.
    Such a lovely evening with your kids. Dinner sounds delicious and I would love a bit of that pie. :-)
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those of us who live to see that circle of life are really blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun night! Your kids are adorable and I love the strawberry theme :) We are always looking for a game to play at family dinner. I'll have to check that one out. I love how you've come full circle. Thanks for sharing your sweet night :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a nice post; I really enjoyed reading it and love the large print- thanks. Funny, I had my kids and grandkids for dinner last night, and I did everything while they relaxed.I have to re-think this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a good dinner. I like the strawberry dessert 🍰. I miss eating at our son and daughter in love's home as we rarely eat together any more. He makes delicious food. It's another hot day but I hope to be back home before it gets hotter. I appreciate your kindness I'm on my latest post. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a lovely post, sharing the memories of your mom. And the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely post, and the food looks delicious. Such a beautiful memory. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You know by now that these kinds of posts help me with my worries, right? Kids growing too quickly, kids away at college (are they safe?) , sadness of breaking that routine I've had for so many years. I still get teary, but seeing this helps so much. It looks as if you all live fairy close to one another...am I right? Lucky them, lucky you Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful stage....I'll relax while someone else does the cooking! Just lovely....and the food looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love every thing about this post! I hope the rest of your weekend was just as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this so much. Those precious moments are everything. It looks like it was a wonderful night and my mouth is literally watering at the amazing meal they prepared! It's so sweet how everything was strawberry themed...down to Madison's top! They are so adorable. And I love how they want to spoil you. It is our turn to get a break once in a while. 🍓 💕

    ReplyDelete
  19. Madison likes strawberries! It's delightful to have that as the home decor too. Love the kitchen towels, her pj's, and the soft throw. The food looks delicious. Yes, our roles have reversed, and the first time that happened it was at Thanksgiving, and it was so strange to me. But since then, I have gotten used to sitting, playing with the kids, and being waited on haha. The strawberry lemonade looks refreshing, and that strawberry pie! Madison was so gracious that evening with everything. And she did so many wonderful things to make your time at her house a very special one.


    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo