February 15, 2023

If You Are New

 

Hello! A reader and friend, Brenda, reminded me that I may have some new readers here that may like to get to know me a bit more. And she is right. So if you are new, and are interested, here are some things she suggested I share. Thanks, Brenda!

My favorite book is The Jester by James Patterson.

My favorite movie is a tie between Joker and Baby Driver.

My (current) favorite song is As It Was by Harry Styles.

My favorite color is brown. Yes, really.

Growing up, my favorite activity was being home with my family and my books.

My favorite activity now is being home with my family and my books.

I live in Pennsylvania.

I graduated from college in 1991 with a major in English literature and certification in Early Childhood and Elementary Education.

Steve and I got married six weeks after I graduated from college.

I taught second grade for five years in the smallest public school district in Pennsylvania and loved every minute.

I retired to become a full-time mom when Madison was born, and I still love every minute.

I am blessed with four beautiful children here on earth and one soul I look forward to meeting in Heaven. I also am blessed with two terrific sons-in-law.

I have been diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder, controlled with medicine, therapy, and lots of hard work.

I love books, coffee, Christmas, fresh bedsheets, and being home.

I dislike crowds, shopping, exercise, being in the sun, and long car rides.

I had Mohs Surgery for basal cell skin cancer on my face a few years ago.

I love blogging and all my blogging friends.


Happy Wednesday!

Billie Jo













19 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post so much. Although I've been reading your blog for awhile now, I learned a lot of things that I didn't know. This was a really great idea!
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this & getting to know you more.
    Look at a Harry Styles shout out - YES!
    I didnt realize you dealt with anxiety as well.. its a struggle, isn't it!
    & yes to all the love of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Billie Jo! It was lovely to read more about you this morning. I love books and coffee also. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Brenda…having problems with name…we love you…we love your blog…this is fantastic. My youngest grand loves Harry Styles…she is a senior home schooled…her sisters. Senior college and out of college take her to his concerts…this was fantastic. You are so darling…prayers…

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’re a blessing. You share my mom’s major and a great-niece’s lit major. You and I have OCD and a love of home. TY for sharing about yourself ". I’ve been so encouraged to work at the troubling thoughts AND just this morning tried beginner’s yoga on YouTube that you mentioned doing. My neck and shoulders feel so much better in one “practice” :). I will check into “Jester”.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Billie Jo. It is always fun to learn more about you. I love how you are so honest and open and relatable. So glad we have been blogging friends for so many years. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I knew many of those things, but learned a few things as well. It will be good for your new blog readers, so they can get to know you. Cute pictures of you along the way, Billie Jo, and so glad I found your blog. I am delighted to read it each and every week. And I love all your holiday ideas you share with us.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, long car rides, being in the sun, shopping, and exercise, and YOU!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! Your blog header is so cute! I enjoyed getting to know more about you. I learned some things I didn’t know. And hooray for fresh bed sheets! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed this! I knew some of those things, but learned more. I didn't know you used to teach. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurrah! since I am a new follower, I loved lerning all of this about you. I have O.C.D., but it is a lot better than it used to be. My family is from Pa. and I really like the Harry Styles song.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Billie Jo :) Thanks for sharing all the things! I finished your sweet book and basically cried at the majority of the stories. I left a review on Amazon, as well as Goodreads. I want to give a copy to each of my daughter-in-loves as they navigate the early days of motherhood. You're always mentioning how much we have in common...my college days were all about early childhood education too. But when I got pregnant with my first child, I quit. But, as God would have it, spent 20 years teaching all the subjects and all the grades to my boys!! You can plot the course, but God's plans will always prevail! And they're always so much better than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Billie Jo, I always love a visit here. I think your blog is the epitome of warmth, it's what we all want, a cozy home. With all the pressure on women to do all sorts of things, it's good to be reminded how blessed it can be to be a homemaker. I also love your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always such joy to visit with you, Billie Jo, thanks for sharing about yourself, I too love being home with family.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  15. Billie Jo, I think a lot of us reading your posts have come to think of you as a kindred spirit…no matter the age difference. What a lovely synopsis of your life! You have inspired us to embrace the struggles with the high notes and come out on the other side living a fulfilling life. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad I found your blog! We actually have a lot in common (including a love of fresh bedsheets -- it really is the BEST isn't it?) I'm so enjoying getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I forgot to tell you how much I love your adorable header!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad to read all the little tid-bits about you...what fun! I am exactly the same when you say yes to books & home, and no to shopping & crowds!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Donna, here. I love your blog!, I find it very inspirational. After many years of working outside my home, I am loving this new chapter in my life where I am home. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo