October 24, 2022

Monday Morning Coffee Talk


 Good Monday morning! I hope you had a wonderful October weekend. Here in Pennsylvania, we enjoyed an absolutely glorious display of beauty, which I enjoyed from both inside and out. Want to see it? Let's see. Friday afternoon, I took Mocha to the vet for her yearly checkup, and this is what we saw on our way home. This is the view approaching the lake and the marina, where most all the boats are gone now, tucked away for winter.


Saturday afternoon was just as beautiful, so we used that time to pack summer away and organize for winter. I may or may not have forgotten that I am fifty-three years old and should probably leave the heavy lifting to the young people. Nothing a long, hot shower and some cozy couch time couldn't fix, however.


Sunday morning was beautiful as well, and I enjoyed some quiet time outside with my coffee, the lake, and the birds.




Sunday evening, I looked outside and saw this. Words cannot adequately describe it. So, I'll let you see for yourself.


No filter. God doesn't need one, right? 

And that was my weekend, along with mass and laundry, movies, menus, grocery lists, and calls with my mom. Today Flynn and I will sit at the kitchen table and homeschool and Steve is cooking dinner tonight, so I may curl up on the couch later with my book and my pup. I will throw a load of laundry in, change out my bedsheets, and write out some cards too. What are you up to, my friends? Enjoy your day, and thanks for stopping by!

Before I go, I must give a shoutout to a wonderfully kind and extremely talented blogger who helps me immensely whenever I need it. You may not believe this, but I am incredibly inept with the technological side of blogging. I know what I know, and what I don't know, I don't try to figure out! Thankfully, I found a lovely friend who can design and fix anything! Her name is Linda, and you can find her HERE. She has saved me and this little old blog many times, and I cannot recommend her enough. 

Billie Jo


















20 comments:

  1. aaaaw Mocha is just adorable, that wee face! Beautiful pictures, especially the sunset one, just heavenly.
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable picture of Mocha. And that sunset...WOW! Glad you had a wonderful weekend. I hope you're week is as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda has been a blessing to us all at some time or other. My blog was taken down a few years ago and she offered to help me, just like the true friend that she is. Your view is breathtaking! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous autumn scenes! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not tech savvy either and was thinking of tasking a skill share course when I find time... *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Monday my Friend. Where you live is so breathtakingly beautiful. I hear ya about feeling the 50's. Hurt myself just falling asleep reading in bed and wrenching my neck. Geesh. But I'm grateful for all the other gifts that comes with age and wisdom. 😉 God bless Linda and all of her talents! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful area! No filters are needed. Mocha is precious as always. I'm spending the first rainy day we've had in ages at home, knitting, cleaning a little bit, watching old Angela Landsbury videos, and starting to think of Christmas. It's 1:35, I think I'll make some banana bread in an hour or two. It will be something extra yummy for hubby to come home to. I'm going to make it in mini loaves and wrap some for the freezer. It's never too early to start making holiday gifts.
    Be blessed,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very lovely there!! Our trees are just starting to turn and then we had a huge wind and storm last night and a lot got knocked right down! We're happy for a little rain though.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a simply gorgeous weekend too!
    That photo of the lake is so beautiful! You should really frame it.
    I'm saving Linda's info - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful views, no wonder you are so content at home! I could look at that view all day and that last photo...WOW! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice weekend, Billie Jo. Your photos show it all - I especially love the last photo. The colors are beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us. : ) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Billie Jo. Have a great week. I love that fall sunset picture. So beautiful! You are right, we really cannot improve on God's beauty! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beauty surrounding you. How marvelous! Hopefully the beauty continued into today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that last photo is so pretty, Billie Jo. I rarely use filters on my nature photos either. The Fall colors are just too pretty to do anything. Yes, I've known Linda for many years. She is a dear blogger to many. Your doggy picture is just so clear and cute. And I like your delightful side bars.

    Have a wonderful Fall week, sweet friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was going along thinking how pretty your views of the lake are with the fall color and then that last photo stopped me in my tracks. WOW!! Gorgeous. I am so glad you shared that one with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such beautiful views! I do miss autumn colors... (but we didn't have this kind of beauty in the Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  17. "I know what I know and what I don't know, I don't try to figure out!" I love that!! It describes me too. :) That 'no filter' photo made me gasp. The sky, the trees, the reflection... it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your dog is lovely and your pictures so beautiful 😍😍😜

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is a beautiful time of year, and your photographs capture it perfectly. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo