June 30, 2022

Weekly Wrap Up And Fourth Of July Weekend

Hello, and Happy Friday, my friends. Thank you for the prayers and words of support for my friend this week. She had her surgery Monday morning. Unfortunately, we did not get the results we were hoping for, but she took it in stride, as she does with everything. She was up and walking that first afternoon! She is seventy-three years old and has no family other than her brother, who she cares for. She is a happy, busy, amazing woman, and she will not let this setback stop her. Her doctor is wonderful and has already arranged for her to start chemo next week. The surgery was to remove a cancerous tumor in her colon, but unfortunately, the cancer had invaded her uterus, so she will have chemo to shrink the tumor, and we will try again in a few months. Please keep her in your prayers. 

Tuesday, after I checked on my friend, I decided at the last minute to pick up a couple lemonades and head over to visit my mom. She was getting her hair done and was so happy to see me! She said we must have a connection because she was thinking about me all day! So if you hear a voice in your head suggesting you do something, do it. God may be whispering to your heart. Look how awesome my momma is!

 

I had no plans for dinner that night, so I raided the fridge and came up with corn tortillas, Colby jack cheese, and a zucchini. I recruited Steve to grill some quesadillas and zucchini. Quick and delicious!

 

Wednesday, we celebrated our anniversary! Steve and I drove my friend home and got her settled. Then we went to dinner at one of our favorite places. Steve had a steak salad, and I had the same thing I get every single time I go there. It is a shrimp bowl with coconut rice and mango salsa. So good! Steve agreed to take a pic with me, and although my glasses have a glare, and this was the third take, I think it came out ok.



Now, while we were doing that, look what my children and their significant others were doing!



Yep! They took a Fourth of July party to my mom! She loves this holiday, and the fireworks are too late for her now, so Madison organized a party with burgers, fries, and patriotic music. Peyton made cupcakes that I heard were delicious! I was beyond touched and thankful to all my children for making Mom so very happy. I think about the love and care my mom gave each one of my children from the day they were born, and I am reminded of how roles reverse as time passes and our lives change. And just how quickly it happens.

What are your plans for the long holiday weekend, my friends? We plan on celebrating with food, family, friends, and fireworks. And a nap or two, of course. I hope you have a wonderful, safe, healthy, and happy weekend, whatever you are planning! Happy Fourth of July!




16 comments:

  1. I love seeing your family photos and hearing about all that you do. You help so many other people, family and friends. What a nice photo of the two of you too. Happy Anniversary and enjoy the holiday weekend. Ours will be quiet but we may try to get a hike in one day if it's not too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, and your kids are so sweet - you have raised them right!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time passes so quickly and the roles reverse. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Billiie Jo, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she gets the proper care and treatment she needs and gets better, and I just said a prayer for her before. Happy Anniversary, and Happy Fourth of July weekend. I love that picture of Rhett with your Mom. It's a dear one. Off right now, as it's a busy morning, but I'll come back and catch up with you soon. Those cupcakes sure look Yummy!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Billie Jo~ I will surely keep your friend in my prayers, I hope she does well with the path ahead - she sounds like a very dear soul. Your kids are so sweet...it brought tears to my eyes to see how much they love their grandma, what a special time spent with your mom! She is such a beautiful lady and has such a great smile! Have a wonderful 4th of July! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off Happy Anniversary! Your mom looks incredible and your kids are the sweetest for taking her a little 4th of July party. It really is one of the best holidays and I can't wait to celebrate. I hope you and the family have a wonderful long 4th of July weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Billie Jo! Happy anniversary. I love your anniversary picture. I know that you and your family will do Independence Day right! You have a knack for celebrating the holidays. Have a fun. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello and Happy Anniversary to you and Steve!! Great picture of you both! I'm sorry to hear about your friend - I will pray for healing and that she makes a full recovery. She's very fortunate to have a good friend like you. Your mom looks great by the way and so happy! Happy 4th to you and your family! No big plans for us though I'm sure we'll go watch fireworks and grill hamburgers and hotdogs. Have a great weekend! Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Above comment was from me (Julia) not sure why it logged me out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear your friend's news. May God bless her and keep her through this difficult chemo time. If she gets mouth sores, tell her to ask her doctor about Magic Mouthwash. It's something that the pharmacist compounds that will help greatly with the pain.

    Congratulations on your anniversary friend.

    I love how your whole family is one of celebration!
    Happy Independence Day!

    Oh, that reminds me. My oldest daughter will soon be independent! She accepted a position about an hour away and will be moving in a couple of weeks. Life will be different for all of us.

    Blessings,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...what thoughtful children you've raised, you can be so proud of them! For them to think of your mom and what might make her smile on this holiday weekend, is truly heartfelt and generous. And yay, Happy Anniversary! Will surely be sending prayers for your friend...
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you enjoyed your Anniversary together. That was so sweet of your children to take a 4th of July party to your Mom. I'm sure she was thrilled. The cupcakes look delicious!! We're relaxing at home this weekend, cooking and just enjoying the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely heartwarming post. Happy 4th July.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great picture of you and Steve! I love it when Dan let's me take a selfie of the two of us. :) I think your kids are just the sweetest humans ever! What a thoughtful thing for them to do!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary, Happy 4th and yum to that dinner. I love to use what's in the fridge and it's still delicious! I will be praying for your friend! Your Mom is gorgeous and I know she enjoyed her visits with you all! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo