May 18, 2022

Random Things On A Wednesday

 


Happy Wednesday, my friends! Our boat is in the water, which means summer can't be far behind! Time to get prepared, and for me, that means time to gather our summer essentials.


You were thinking swimwear, beach chairs, and coolers weren't you?? Nope. This little basket sits right by our door and contains our summer must-haves. I keep sunscreen, natural mosquito repellent, anti-itch cream if that doesn't work, and tic removal tools. See how exciting we are here??




And although I wear it all year long, I am reminding anyone who will listen that daily facial sunscreen is a must during the summer. Take it from me, a blue-eyed, fair-skinned sun avoider who ended up with skin cancer on her face. Fortunately, it was Basal Cell, the most common and least severe form, but still. Wear sunscreen. Please. My friend Marian knows how much I dislike the smell and feel of sunscreen, especially on my face, so she told me about La Roche-Posay. It is amazing!! It has no scent and feels like a regular moisturizer. I love it!


In other news, I am so excited to receive this magazine in the mail. Ok. Maybe not, but Liam Neeson on the cover makes it a bit less painful.


Do you have a signature fragrance? This is mine. And has been forever. I don't like a strong scent, so the Amazing Grace is perfect. It literally smells...good. As in, people will tell me in the grocery store that I literally smell good. But the best thing? My kids say it smells like Mom.


Finally, have you tried an electric kettle? I always used a tea kettle on the stove, but Peyton introduced me to this, and I haven't looked back. 

Well, that was a whole lot of randomness, wasn't it??
Have a nice day, my friends.
Thanks for visiting!

Billie Jo





17 comments:

  1. Hi Billie Jo. Looks like you are ready for summer fun to begin. I don't like the feel of sunscreen on my face either, but I wear it every. single. day. Hope you have a good Wednesday. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get some natural insect repellant....ours has 'gone over'. I'll try to look at your photos and figure out what you use. I need some of the facial sunscreen too. I put mineral make up on for every hike....but this might be better! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for summer to arrive. Thank you for the sunscreen advice. I dislike the sticky feel of it on my face, so I will definitely try that brand for myself. I must replace my lost tic removal tool as well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An electric tea kettle, how British of you! I will have to check out that sunscreen for sure! Maybe it will work for me and Meredith, most facial sunscreens irritate our skin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tresor by Lancôme since 1990… for Christmas received Happy by Clinique…love it…I also loved Amazing Grace…changed from tresor to Happy and am happy…lol…I use scent daily…none of these are strong..lMother wore Estée Lauder which gave me headaches…but she didn’t know…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the boat being all ready!! I enjoy AARP and flip through the mags when they arrive. I am into lavender which is supposed to help with calming the mind (!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your signature scent so much 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea on the basket, I don't like sunscreen on my face either and I have some bad age spots from too much sun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the heads up on the face sunscreen. Like you I hate the smell and feel for daily wear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The basket is brilliant! We are converted to the electric kettle too, and we drink pour-over coffees, we don't even have the coffee pot out anymore, it's in a box in the laundry room. I'm excited for summer, how fun to have a boat and live right on the water!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, the water views are lovely...I'm sure fall is spectacular with the changing leaves. And you inspired me - now I'll put a basket by the mudroom door with summertime necessities...so handy! I hope all is well, enjoy the rest of the week! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for the lovely suggestions! I am not an admirer of strong perfumes so have given up on finding one I really like. However I think I will give yours a try. Enjoy your boat.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I don’t know why my comment came up as “anonymous “. Susan Zarzycki

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't mind sunscreen on my face, in fact I find it very moisturizing. I slather it on until I look like a ghost. It's important so as not to get skin cancer, age spots, sun burn etc. from that pesky sun. Just another reason why I'm not fond of summer. I've never tried Amazing Grace. I keep buying sprays from Bath & Body Works but the oil concentration is so low I'm having to spray every hour. I love their spray selection but that can be a little frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, that electric kettle looks so nice. I used to use the old percolators, and they made the best coffee. Your coffee space is always so delightful to see with all your pretty cups. Ok, now I have to try Amazing Grace. Sounds so lovely. And I haven'[t seen the old Vaseline jar in a long time. Back in the day, we would put that on our lips and pinch our cheeks before a picture haha. I wanted to tell you that Aloe Vera does wonders if you ever get a sunburn. It's soothing and works right away. What a wonderful "random things" post, Billie Jo.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see wonderful times on the lake in your future, beautiful! Thanks for the sunscreen share, I will be getting some of that! At my age, the sun doesn't see my skin without sunscreen and I strongly suggest sunscreen to the young folks in my family. Love that kettle! Hmmmm, I need one too:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I must check out that sunscreen and fragrance! I do have an electric teakettle, but haven't used it yet. Now I definitely will!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo