This is one of our very favorite autumn meals. I have posted this recipe many times before, but in case you have missed it, here it is. Please don't be afraid of the pumpkin. It is so subtle but adds just enough to make these shells even more delicious.
Pumpkin Stuffed Shells
- 1 box pasta shells, cooked, drained, and rinsed in cold water
- 1 can ( 15 oz. ) Libby's pumpkin
- 2 cups ricotta cheese and yes, use the whole milk ricotta : )
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese...and more to sprinkle on top
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or the garlic powder equivalent if you forgot to buy them like I did.
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 45 oz. jar of pasta sauce. We use Tomato Basil.
- Cook shells according to directions...and then drain and rinse.
- Grease two 13x9 baking dishes and pour some sauce on the bottom.
- Mix pumpkin, cheeses, egg, garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Stuff each shell with pumpkin mixture and place in baking dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- Uncover, sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese, and bake for 15 more minutes.