Fall! Yay! Also...Fall Food! Yay! Here is an easy recipe for some delicious chicken soup for you and your family to enjoy on a cozy autumn evening.
Cozy Chicken Soup
- Rotissierie chicken carcass
- One stick celery, chopped
- One onion, chopped
- Two 32 oz. containers chicken broth
- One teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon poultry seasoning
- One eighth teaspoon pepper
- One container water~fill a broth container with water
- One large bag Kluski noodles, cooked and drained
- Put chicken carcass in large pot.
- Add celery, onion, chicken broth, salt, poultry seasoning, pepper, and water.
- Cook at boiling, covered, for one hour. Remove any foam.
- Meanwhile, in separate pot, boil noodles. Then drain and set aside.
- Drain bones, fat, and veggies until only broth remains.
- Add cooked noodles, heat, stir, and enjoy!!!!
This is a great recipe for the day after you have a rotisserie chicken dinner.
Simply wrap the chicken carcass in foil and place in the refrigerator.
Also, I use two chicken carcasses and three containers of broth for our family, and we have some leftovers. : )