October 29, 2015

A Super Simple Autumn Supper

Today was a crisp autumn day. So I planned a meal for us to enjoy that was super easy but oh so good. And yes. It really was this easy. : )

Early in the morning, I got out my bread maker took out two loves of frozen bread dough and put them in bread pans to thaw and rise. About an hour before dinner, I popped them into the oven. Then I made some homemade chicken stock  put two large cans of Swanson's Chicken Broth in a pot and brought them to a boil. I also boiled some of our favorite noodles...Mrs. Weiss' Kluski Noodles...and when done, I drained them and added them to the broth. And dinner was served. With Parmesan cheese of course. : )


My Peyton whipped up some delicious Pumpkin Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Brownies for dessert. She found the recipe on Pinterest. And they were delicious. Really delicious. : )


Happy Autumn. my friends!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! I think I may need to find the brownie recipe! Oh and I love simple meals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMMM, and happy Autumn to you as well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple is always the best! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did the same thing on Tuesday!! Only I did use the bread machine to make the dough. And I added carrots to the broth too. Other than that, same same!! :) Those brownies look swell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! We are finally starting to feel like fall here and I have soup on the menu next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy...thanks for the smiles and giggles...Blessings sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy!! That's the kind of food that hits the spot (& the soul) and doesn't need to be from "scratch". And oh my goodness those brownies look absolutely to die for !! ;)
    Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a simply delicious autumn dinner! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Billie Jo!

    Yum!! Chicken and noodles anything is always on my radar this time of year!!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best kinda dinner. And Peyton... someday you're going to open a bakery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for saying hello!

Billie Jo